Scorpion Serket Taper Stainless slip-on

captainscarlet

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Duke said:

Do you remember who you ordered it from?

Adrenalin-Pedstop  They have 3 different slip-ons or a full system with header.

For the titanium slip-on I paid $475 which included shipping and foreign transaction fees from my bank.  Shipping was 5 days.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

Adrenalin-Pedstop  They have 3 different slip-ons or a full system with header.

For the titanium slip-on I paid $475 which included shipping and foreign transaction fees from my bank.  Shipping was 5 days.

It looks like I can get the stainless version for about $415 delivered. I didn’t expect to find it at that price. Now I need to decide if it’s worth that much to lose a few pounds and change the sound. I also wonder if I’d need to have my ECU reflashed.

First world problems are such a drag. 

Thanks for the info. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:23 PM, Duke said:

It looks like I can get the stainless version for about $415 delivered. I didn’t expect to find it at that price. Now I need to decide if it’s worth that much to lose a few pounds and change the sound. I also wonder if I’d need to have my ECU reflashed.

First world problems are such a drag. 

Thanks for the info. 

Well, I won’t need to have my ECU reflashed again, so I bit the bullet and ordered the stainless version. The charge on my card came up to slightly less than $405, so I’m pretty content. Now to take the exhaust off the bike and get to work cleaning it up so it will look good next to the new can.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Duke said:

Well, I won’t need to have my ECU reflashed again, so I bit the bullet and ordered the stainless version. The charge on my card came up to slightly less than $405, so I’m pretty content. Now to take the exhaust off the bike and get to work cleaning it up so it will look good next to the new can.

@Duke  When measuring back from the O2 sensor bung, the instructions recommend cutting 15mm.  Try to cut as close to the catalyst chamber as possible and then grind off the excess and clean up the mating surface, their mid-pipe is a work of art with very close tolerances. 

When removing the factory exhaust and fitting the new slip-on, put the bike on the side stand and work the center stand up and down - I removed the heavy springs from the center stand and everything fit easily. 

In the OP by @captainscarlet he recommends keeping all fasteners loose during assembly and wiggling the whole thing into position - this advise will make the install SO MUCH easier. 

• Thumbsup 1

..and take your time removing the header nuts or they can shear off the header studs. And then you enter Dante’s fifth circle of hell..

• Haha 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Thank you for the advice and suggestions. I will follow them closely.

I still haven’t received any kind of shipping confirmation, so I can only hope that my order is being processed and shipped. Only time will tell. 

Okay, add another dozen or so dollars in foreign transaction fees, but still cheaper than anywhere in the states. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it’s been nearly two weeks since ordering my exhaust, and the only thing I’ve received is an automatic confirmation email and a change to my credit card. I’ve sent emails that have gone unanswered. If I don’t see something soon, I’m going to contact my credit card company to file a fraud claim. To say I’m unimpressed with Adrenalin-pedstop is an understatement.

I’d call them, but the time difference and busy work schedule are both a challenge.

• Supporting Member

Sorry to hear of your experience in frustration.  Several members here, myself included, have ordered from Adrenalin-pedstop without issue, there isn't any major holidays in the U.K. at the moment?

I would at least attempt to call them before claiming fraud, since they are only a reseller, there may be a backlog through Scorpion themselves.   Scorpion Contact Info.

I appreciate your response, and hearing that others have had good luck with them makes me feel a little better. Still, about the only contact method I haven’t tried is calling them, and that is because work has been hectic lately, and I would have to call them during the busiest part of the day. I’ll guess I’ll give them another day or two before taking action.

As far as the fraud claim goes, I think that’s the only way I can get my money back if the vendor won’t respond to me. I tried using the contact form on their website, I emailed them, I tried to contact them through Facebook, and I emailed them again, all with no response.

Finally, their website leaves a bit to be desired. I originally tried to order through my phone and failed. Then I tried a couple of times using my computer before finally succeeding. Once my order was in, I tried to validate my mailing address and there is no way to update contact info on their website. If their only method of selling is their website, you would think that they would have a better site.

There is a big backlog according to the Scorpion website. They won’t be available until the 23rd May.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Well crap! A news item on pedstop’s website as of today says they are going out of business. I guess that explains the lack of response and means that I will have to go the fraud route.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Duke said:

Well crap! A news item on pedstop’s website as of today says they are going out of business. I guess that explains the lack of response and means that I will have to go the fraud route.

Hopefully they have something in place to automatically refund the money of people whose order they cannot fulfill!

That sucks Duke.

I’ve requested a refund from pedstop. I’ve also lodged a dispute of the charges with my credit card company. As it turns out, the correct term is dispute, not fraud. Regardless, I hope this gets straightened out soon. Once it does, I’ll have to find a new place to order from.