Scorpion Serket Taper Stainless slip-on

captainscarlet

A lot has transpired since my last post, but I'll bypass the pointless details and go straight to the pertinent information.

I received this email from Chris at pedstop late on Tuesday evening:

Hi Darrin

Apologies for the lack of communication and delay in the order. We have changed servers and have missed quite a portion of emails sent to the sales@ address without knowing, this also affected our mobile site which we have realised today.

Your order is not affected by our closing down statement and we will likely be trading the amount of stock that we have for at least the next 12 months.

I’ve attached a screen grab of your order which is still pending with Scorpion, as the product description mentions we don’t hold stock, as an order comes in we order it direct with the manufacturer and then send it once received.

Scorpion are in their busiest period at the moment so they are a little slower than normal.

We will chase them tomorrow and find out when it will leave. If this is not acceptable please let us know and we get the order stopped before they ship.

Again apologies for not seeing your mails and for the panic regarding closing, we are a trustworthy company that has a excellent reputation, this will continue to the end.

Regards

Chris

Then this morning I had another email stating that my part had shipped. I checked with FedEx, and sure enough, the part is on its way with an expected delivery of Monday, May 20th. Presuming that the delivery goes well, all is once again right with the world.

Clearly pedstop was experiencing technical problems, and those happen. Also clearly, they honored their word and the part is on its way. I will now humbly retract my previous rants about Adrenalin-pedstop as a vendor. I will also suggest that members watch their website for bargains, especially members in GB. I don't know how much stock they have on hand for our bikes, but I suspect there will be bargains to be found on whatever they have.

I'll post an update once I have my exhaust installed, which will likely happen over Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks,

Duke

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1
Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

@piotrekmight need to meet up with you to listen to it.. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Found this website (

086612.jpg?v=0

Kimpex Canada | Slip-on Exhausts > Serket Taper Slip-On Exhaust...

) so I sent them an email to see if they have a fitting slip-on for the FJ. Fingers crossed, prices look great.

EDIT: They are all sold out. They said they no longer sell them and they shouldn't be on the website anymore 😕

Edited by Husqy
  • Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...

Best value hands down! Awesome fit and finish, sounds good. With the DB killer in, it is not loud enough to get pulled over. I think with the baffle out you might get a ticket, that is if you rev the crap out of it at the wrong time... LOL

Lots of grinding with the angle and die grinder. Once she slips on it's golden!!

• Thumbsup 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 4/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, BBB said:

I managed to get 120 miles of riding with the new exhaust today and it’s way louder than I expected... I’m hoping that as it builds up a carbon layer inside things may quieten a bit...

I used aluminum tape (Nashua) to block off some holes in the baffle, just to see what happens. There wasn't any appreciable additional sound deadening until I blocked half the holes. Muted things a bit. The tape survived a short 10min test trip entirely intact. I am guessing that arbitrarily restricting the exhaust isn't going to go unpunished in some way, so I removed the tape after the test run.

Not bothered by the Serket exhaust sound for everyday riding, trips and commuting (rather like it), but on those very early mornings, and especially in sleepy country towns... it does not sound neighbourly. 8,000 kms on the can, and I can't say it's any quieter.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

May I suggest putting some stainless steel scourers in the baffle and some wire through the fwd holes to keep them in the baffle. Worked on my VN900 aftermarket pipes.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
On 7/22/2019 at 6:24 AM, jdavis said:

May I suggest putting some stainless steel scourers in the baffle and some wire through the fwd holes to keep them in the baffle. Worked on my VN900 aftermarket pipes.

Thanks again for the tip @jdavis. It worked nicely on the Serket too. A bit of research and it appears to be a fairly common fix. I will monitor things over the next couple of days, but it still seems pretty free-flowing. Something to try @BBB. Cheap and simple.

baffle.thumb.jpg.c6b9c5bc6d9d2b3b1dcec4a839975c7f.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I got one of these. So far I cannot make it fit- either it's hitting the swing arm or it's hitting the center stand. Trying to maintain my cool, but it's pretty fukin tough to do when your $14k bike is sitting in your garage without an exhaust system. 

@captainscarlet The connecting pipe that came in the box with mine looks different than your's, mine only has one bend in one direction, your's looks like it has a multiple bend...

Anyone got any advice that doesn't involve alcohol or firearms....

• Supporting Member

@Larz - Look on page 2 of this thread, I posted pics of my mid-pipe, it is definitely an "S"shape, is it possible that they sent you the MT09 version?  If you have the receipt or packing slip or maybe a marking on the box, it should have the model number, like RYA101TEO, it will vary slightly depending on the finish of your silencer.

• Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 minutes ago, betoney said:

@Larz - Look on page 2 of this thread, I posted pics of my mid-pipe, it is definitely an "S"shape, is it possible that they sent you the MT09 version?  If you have the receipt or packing slip or maybe a marking on the box, it should have the model number, like RYA101TEO, it will vary slightly depending on the finish of your silencer.

Yep, they sent the wrong one- RYA93SEO. WTF,  Motomachines listed it for 2018-2019, but without Scorpion part #. Shit, that's what I get for using a new outfit...

Thanks betoney

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yep, they sent the wrong one- RYA93SEO. WTF,  Motomachines listed it for 2018-2019, but without Scorpion part #. Shit, that's what I get for using a new outfit...

Thanks betoney

Yep - that PN is listed for the MT09.  Sorry to hear that they screwed it up.  I would call first thing in the morning and insist that they overnight the correct one with a pre-paid shipping label for the return.

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, betoney said:

Yep - that PN is listed for the MT09.  Sorry to hear that they screwed it up.  I would call first thing in the morning and insist that they overnight the correct one with a pre-paid shipping label for the return.

^^ at least...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Obviously, I screwed the pooch: should have confirmed it was the correct part # before tearing open the box and rushing to install it like some addled adolescent, and then spending 3+  hours trying to install it ( thinking WTF, peeps did this in an hour?) before  deciding something must be wrong, lol.

They are going to take the return and refund my money; offered to try and get me the right one ( out of stock of course, like everyone else, probably take a couple of weeks). However, I decided at 3am to order what I really wanted anyways- a Graves full system😎. In the meanwhile, think I'll redo the Plasti-dip in a new color

Edited by Larz
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

It sucks having parts out of stock, at least you have something else coming in it’s place. 

While you are waiting, get your ECU flashed for the Graves system. 

4 hours ago, betoney said:

It sucks having parts out of stock, at least you have something else coming in it’s place. 

While you are waiting, get your ECU flashed for the Graves system. 

Yeah, will definitely get Ivan to reflash for the graves with some light air box mods. Gonna have to wait, he's on vacation till the 2nd. Such is life. I'm sure the bike won't melt down running his stock tune with the Graves for a bit. It's running like 20 degrees cooler- sitting in traffic at 108' ambient temps, engine temp hasn't gone over 203. Before the flash would hit 220-223 under same conditions

• Thumbsup 1