Scorpion Serket Taper Stainless slip-on

captainscarlet

11 hours ago, Kenny A. said:

I no longer have a red ring on my Scorpion end can. Now Phantom Blue.

Ok. I'm guessing you painted it in situ? I am also considering the same. Perhaps you could give us an update on how it holds up against the heat from the exhaust.

CS

Edited by captainscarlet

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, captainscarlet said:

Ok. I'm guessing you painted it in situ? I am also considering the same. Perhaps you could give us an update on how it holds up against the heat from the exhaust.

CS

I painted it before I fitted it. Need to touch up the red that can be seen. Used Yamaha touch-up paint,went for a 150 mile run and the paint was fine.

Kenny.

• Thumbsup 2

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

@captainscarlethey man apologies for hijacking your thread. To help it back on topic- here are some vids of the OEM exhuast; the Scorpion; the Graves, and just for shites&giggles, my 107ci Harley. If you play 'em through decent speakers not too horrible of sound quality

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 9:38 PM, piotrek said:

Thanks again for the tip @jdavis. It worked nicely on the Serket too. A bit of research and it appears to be a fairly common fix. I will monitor things over the next couple of days, but it still seems pretty free-flowing. Something to try @BBB. Cheap and simple.

baffle.thumb.jpg.c6b9c5bc6d9d2b3b1dcec4a839975c7f.jpg

how did the bike run after this? did it quiet it down a good bit? i have the carbon fiber scorpion exhaust and want it to be a bit quieter.

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, trevinator said:

how did the bike run after this? did it quiet it down a good bit? i have the carbon fiber scorpion exhaust and want it to be a bit quieter.

The bike ran just fine, but a bit on a quiet side. You can tune the baffle a bit. I settled on this... took the boom out of the sound. Happy with it.

baffle.thumb.jpg.9d9764d65532727873e189ab0ca6bd48.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

1 minute ago, piotrek said:

The bike ran just fine, but a bit on a quiet side. You can tune the baffle a bit. I settled on this... took the boom out of the sound. Happy with it.

baffle.thumb.jpg.9d9764d65532727873e189ab0ca6bd48.jpg

definitely something i will have to try. thanks!

• 1 month later...

I had my ECU flashed over winter and now have the Woolwich Racing code. I had mine done by mail-in to S-Tech Performance, the same as @captainscarlet.

Whilst talking to Simon, he said that the Scorpion baffle is very restrictive. So much so that with the baffle in, the bike makes less power than standard as it cannot flow the exhaust gas fast enough. He has raised this with Scorpion, but they have designed it this way to make it EC compliant (homologated).  His suggestion was to drill some holes in the end of the baffle, which I've done in a pleasingly random pattern.

It's hard to be objective as it was some weeks between rides (waiting for mail order, fitting and then fixing that damn oil cooler) but the exhaust doesn't seem any louder. Equally I can't decouple the effect of the flash from drilling the baffle. But, the bike is much smoother to ride and using A mode is now much easier.

If you ride with the Scorpion baffle in, try drilling the end and see if it makes a difference for you. If not, a few blobs of weld and you can close up the holes again easily if you don't like it.

The last picture is of the O2 sensor bung. The wiring gets closed off with a clip in connector as part of the flash fee. I removed all the external wiring and harness holder.

drilled db killer.jpg

O2 sensor bung.jpg

• Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

1 hour ago, BBB said:

Whilst talking to Simon, he said that the Scorpion baffle is very restrictive. So much so that with the baffle in, the bike makes less power than standard as it cannot flow the exhaust gas fast enough. He has raised this with Scorpion, but they have designed it this way to make it EC compliant (homologated).  His suggestion was to drill some holes in the end of the baffle, which I've done in a pleasingly random pattern.

If you ride with the Scorpion baffle in, try drilling the end and see if it makes a difference for you. If not, a few blobs of weld and you can close up the holes again easily if you don't like it.

That is very useful info.  I will have to have a go at drilling mine.  Simon is really good, with great attention to detail.

CS

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, BBB said:

Whilst talking to Simon, he said that the Scorpion baffle is very restrictive. So much so that with the baffle in, the bike makes less power than standard as it cannot flow the exhaust gas fast enough. His suggestion was to drill some holes in the end of the baffle, which I've done in a pleasingly random pattern.

Great info. Thank you.  I will give it a shot with my Scorpion as well.👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...

My 15 Tracer with the Serket Slip On seems to max out about 7k rpm in 6th, redlines in all other gears though. Might try it without the baffle to see if it is the culprit.

On 3/9/2020 at 3:08 AM, jdavis said:

My 15 Tracer with the Serket Slip On seems to max out about 7k rpm in 6th, redlines in all other gears though. Might try it without the baffle to see if it is the culprit.

Is your ECM flashed and has the top speed limiter been removed? Because it sounds like you may be hitting the limited at 7k rpm in 6th gear (115mph). 

-Skip