GTs in Australia

Bought it Tuesday 4/9/18 $18500 ride away but with all the extra fruit $ 22700, and unpainted lids looks cheap.  A trip to the local spray painters is on the list. And if you do go to full Akka keep the baff in, its WAY to loud.
Congrats, gregiem!   Pity about those cheapskate unpainted pannier lids: didn't look too bad or out-of-place on the Gen I Matte Grey Tracers here in Oz, but are definitely a let-down on the newer GTs with their nice glossy paintwork.   You shouldn't have to go to the added expense of finishing the job that Yamaha should have done.   But - quibbles aside - enjoy the GT! 
This week I hope to drive out a little way to see the GT in the flesh at a dealership in Ipswich (SE Q'ld) - the Gold Coast dealership doesn't have one on the floor yet, and no indication given as to 'when'.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Was told by dealer that i was the first in AUS to get one, On road. Put 500km up in bike heaven around Melbournes east in one day. THIS MACHINE IS F$$NK GREAT. wordsmith you live in my old stompimg groung. Wynnum boy, Family live in Carbrook. And twin bridges at fernvale holds a great place in my heart.

Was told by dealer that i was the first in AUS to get one, On road. Put 500km up in bike heaven around Melbournes east in one day. THIS MACHINE IS F$$NK GREAT. Wordsmith you live in my old stompimg ground. Wynnum boy, Family live in Carbrook. And twin bridges at Fernvale holds a great place in my heart.

Was told by dealer that i was the first in AUS to get one, On road. Put 500km up in bike heaven around Melbournes east in one day. THIS MACHINE IS F$$NK GREAT. Wordsmith you live in my old stompimg ground. Wynnum boy, Family live in Carbrook. And twin bridges at Fernvale holds a great place in my heart.
Small world, gregiem!   When I was riding I very often would take a short (~95km each way) ride out to Fernvale on a Sunday morning, just to sit outside the bakery there with coffee and bun, and watch the passing parade of bikes.   And we used to live in Melb's eastern bayside suburbs (ending up in Mornington), and well recall some of the great Yarra Valley and other riding grounds down there.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

This week I hope to drive out a little way to see the GT in the flesh at a dealership in Ipswich (SE Q'ld) - the Gold Coast dealership doesn't have one on the floor yet, and no indication given as to 'when'.
This morning I duly drove 66km to Ipswich (and 66km back) and incurred at least $15 in motorway tolls, only to find that the dealer did NOT have the Tracer GT in stock, contrary to what I was told when I phoned them to enquire yesterday.   What they had was a Gen 1 Tracer, non-GT.   Livid is not a strong enough word!

• 2 months later...
This morning I duly drove 66km to Ipswich (and 66km back) and incurred at least $15 in motorway tolls, only to find that the dealer did NOT have the Tracer GT in stock, contrary to what I was told when I phoned them to enquire yesterday.   What they had was a Gen 1 Tracer, non-GT.   Livid is not a strong enough word!
Nice writeup on the new Tracers in the new edition of Australian Motorcyclist Magazine this month @wordsmith. Not sure if its on the stands yet but my sub arrived end of last week...Official launch event was in Queenstown NZ. 8989c4ba5177f8c8061679a759039406.jpg

thanks Gregiem. I also reported on this launch (also in AMCN) back on October 30th ('GT in Australia'), following my contacting dealers here and being told that the GT bike will not be released until Feb next year!!!    There are, BTW, a few errors in the AMCN article IMHO.     And whatever interest these mag articles generate will surely be largely evaporated by then!   Do you have the (basic) Tracer or the GT model, which was what I asked Yam about?   Cheers..

L

Archived