Gas gauge stuck on full

sdwillie

• Premium Member

Yep.  Depending on how I'm riding:

1st bar lasts about 100 miles

2nd bar lasts about 10 miles (regardless of how I'm riding, strangely)

After that each bar lasts 20 - 25 miles

What's weird is that I managed to get 4.1 gallons into the tank on my last fill up and my last bar wasn't blinking.  I usually can only get about 3.9 gallons after it has been blinking for 10 miles.

• Supporting Member

Yeah, the gauge indicating Full, half, 1/4, E is annoying in that there's no 3/4 mark.  More granular indicators would be nice - I've got used to it.  Drives my ADD nuts, but...what can u do :)

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member

Exactly!!!

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, knyte said:

Yeah, the gauge indicating Full, half, 1/4, E is annoying in that there's no 3/4 mark.  More granular indicators would be nice - I've got used to it.  Drives my ADD nuts, but...what can u do :)

Yeah, I figure even if I ride like an idiot I can get 160-170 miles.  I rely on the trip meter instead of the fuel gauge and have never ran out of gas, I reset "Trip 1" every time I gas up. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Agreed, I do appreciate the dual trip meters.  Nice detail to have.

I always forget about the Maintenance meters though...mostly considering that, between my g/f and I, we have 10 vehicles to maintain and track - thankfully, there are apps for that.  Just input fill up litres / date & time and odo reading...the app does the rest.  I'd be lost without something like that.

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Why do I see that as a challenge?  😇

You post enough screen shots of your ride summary north of 100mph... you get it! 👍

• Confused 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

20 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

OCD_Pump.thumb.jpg.4fb85f5ec89d208e785791af80e86543.jpg

You do not want to see the equivalent figures in the UK; they would make you weep!

• Sad 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
42 minutes ago, betoney said:

Is that Texas pricing?  That looks more like our West Coast pricing.  I pay that for E0 premium.

That was just the first find of a quick Google search, so I can't claim photo credit. 

A quick check shows regular 87 at around $2.25/gallon & premium 93 at $2.79/gallon in the area immediately around the house.   It's almost exclusively E10 here, regardless of brand or grade.  

@BBB - That's around $0.60 USD per liter, or 0.43 Pound Sterling.  This must be the reason we're still so enamored with our big, gas-swilling pickups and SUVs over here...   

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

we're still so enamored with our big, gas-swilling pickups and SUVs over here

Exactly.  We might complain when the price goes up, but here in NA it's far cheaper than many parts of the world, for sure.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I think the bar = 1/2 the tank.  I don't think there is a 3/4 indicator at all.

• Thumbsup 1

Its due to the shape of the gas tank and how the gauge detects a change in level... Basically a cone shape. I think the newer bikes actually address it with an illustration.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA