Niken sightings?

micah2074

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The Yamaha demo truck was in my area today and I rode the Niken.  It was a small group ride, following leader, only 20 minutes and no chance to really lean it over but I could feel the potential.  I asked the guys at the dealership how it was selling nationwide (none there) and they had no idea.  

Seat is wider than the Seat Concepts that’s on my FJ-09 and I was on balls of feet at stops.  Controls are similar to the FJ but the display has some differences.

I’d have no qualms buying a used one some day.  If it doesn’t sell and is discontinued I wonder if Niken owners will need to hoard parts like the DeLorean guys.

A1BBC9E9-257F-41FA-9F39-E3713869FE95.jpeg

5AB4082A-4D8D-4294-88C8-579919DD5ABF.jpeg

7DF4D008-7522-41BE-9123-BBE4AEE372F3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• 1 year later...
  • Supporting Member

I became a sighting the other night when I rode out to Lake Lure, NC. As I was rolling through some of the smaller towns I had a passenger bust out his cell phone and video me while I was just riding down the highway. So far I haven't had too much attention from other motorists. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

Pulled up in a parking lot the other day when two gentlemen in the car beside me ( who were waiting for their friend to pickup food) yelled out, "WHAT IS THAT?"

I told them it was a Yamaha. To which they asked, "what's the advantage to the third wheel?"

My response was," More confidence  in the turns and it's  a fun bike."

I think I  may use this thread to capture general reactions I get. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."