delivery lead time. UK, red.

• Premium Member
Speaking to my dealer in Cheltenham, who also has a branch in Worcester, red is the most popular colour. They, Skellerns, had 4 red ones in the initial allocation for the launch on March 1st. I ordered one on 17 Feb and all 4 were sold that week just a few days after they put a demo bike on the road.

The dealer has a 2nd allocation of bikes arriving at the end of March and the red ones in this batch are already allocated. The dealer has no information from Yamaha about when the 3rd batch of bikes will arrive so a guess of some time in April is the best they can offer.

You should be able to get a grey or blue one for earlier delivery but of course, they will be slower as everyone knows the red ones are fastest, bestest, girliest, gayest and everything-est. I think the owners of blue & grey bikes are only rude about the red ones as they realise they made a big mistake.

I'm going out for a ride in the sunshine and look forward to the responses...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

You should be able to get a grey or blue one for earlier delivery but of course, they will be slower as everyone knows the red ones are fastest, bestest, girliest, gayest and everything-est. I think the owners of blue & grey bikes are only rude about the red ones as they realise they made a big mistake.

I'm going out for a ride in the sunshine and look forward to the responses...

I think we (Matt Grays)  need our own section on the forum !!
For too long we grays have be oppressed by the 
much slower and shinny  metro-sexual reds :P 

PS welcome Glen  

Gray-Alien_zpsnvagyuft.jpg 

Hi Glen, welcome - sorry can't help answering your question.

I didn't realise the Reds were so popular. I know my dealer had sold two before the demonstrator had been delivered, I'm pretty sure I was the first one to test ride it. Another bike was sold after me. Also knew that they were taking delivery of one Grey and one Red.
When I collected mine, I was expecting they would have had all 4 ready, but only they had two, the subsequent orders weren't delivered on time.

I can only deduce that the two ordered before me were Grey.

Tongue in cheek comment ahead

I like being different and when I took to the Tracer, I had no idea what a hit it was going to be - now everyone wants one P-) that's blown it! Now it seems I have also chosen the most popular and fastest colour!!! ;)

I considered that but it creates a poor relationship between you and your local dealer for servicing, parts and warranty.

I called in yesterday and red is a no but race blue and grey in stock.
Yamaha are limiting dealers to 2 bikes at a time so equal distribution to all dealers.
Warranty is with Yamaha not the dealer do not an issue.
I work in a dealer and we treat all customers the same , we want as much work as we can get

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered Race Blu last week and it was from stock (Yamaha) he said if I went for Red it would be sometime in May!
It was fine for me as I already wanted the nicest and fastest one anyway :-)

He also said Yamaha wont let them place orders for anymore until they sell one (he had Grey (sold) and race blue in shop + red demo bike)

• Premium Member
Skellerns in Cheltenham are uncertain about future allocations but I was in the shop Saturday afternoon and they have a grey Tracer in stock should someeone want one to ride away this week
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I'm chasing my dealer again on it.
The tax on my MTS1000 Multistrada is up end of this month but with all the good weather at the moment I will probably tax it for £80/12=£6.66 per month.

After the excellent ride over the Duke's pass on Saturday I need to see if the Tracer can match the giggle factor.

After the excellent ride over the Duke's pass on Saturday I need to see if the Tracer can match the giggle factor.
Now we're talking ;) Mind you truth be told I'm left looking for parking when my mates go through there, would be nice to do it with less embarrassment  P-)  

Archived