Mobil 1 Racing 4T?

alext91

Hi all,
Just did my first oil change on my new (to me) 2015 FJ-09. Not sure what oil the dealer had put in it (presumably yamalube), but I replaced it with Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w40 thinking it would be an upgrade. Oil level is perfect, however I've noticed a decrease in smoothness of shifting. Has anyone else has this experience? Just curious if that is an effect of synthetic oil vs Dino stuff? Thanks

Hey guys,

Clutch free play is within spec. Maybe this could just be me overthinking this. I was not aware there was an issue with the factory clutch cables, but my cable does not appear to be broken. Who knows, maybe I'll see how it feels after the next oil change.

Hey guys, 
Clutch free play is within spec. Maybe this could just be me overthinking this. I was not aware there was an issue with the factory clutch cables, but my cable does not appear to be broken. Who knows, maybe I'll see how it feels after the next oil change.
If your bike is a 2015, you'll need the new clutch cable ASAP. If your bike is a '17+ you're fine. If it's a '16 it could be either. The clutch cable has left many riders stranded.

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
New part number is 2PP-26335-02-00

Old part number was 2PP-26335-01-00

You can tell by looking at the part as well, the new cable has a metal casing that has a rounded curve to route the cable down through the engine. The older cable had a metal casing that was much shorter, and not as smooth, which caused the friction and wear on the cable.

2015 almost 48,000 miles on original cable. (And it’s never been lubed.) 
-S
You and I must have got the only 2 good ones.
Mine never had any issue but swapped it out because it was a cheap replacement... have the original in my garage of ever needed.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
You and I must have got the only 2 good ones.
Mine never had any issue but swapped it out because it was a cheap replacement... have the original in my garage of ever needed.
Oh, I bought a new updated cable when everyone seemed to be having problems. It’s hang on the wall waiting on the original to break. 

Let’s go Brandon

Archived