Givi SR2122 topbox fitting kit - order now from Italy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While waiting for rack arms, I've decided to fit remote control unit to my V47NNT tobpox. It is 10 minutes job but at least one step further towards end of the project. I knocked off hole in the bottom of my box ( using small hammer) , drilled another 8mm hole for actuator to push the opening latch and bolted it all together. Finally mounted cabling and managed cables with provided straps. This kit also prepares box for LED stop lights as well, but I'm going to splice in cables for USB charging. Pics to follow ( uploading to my google drive now).

The unit for this box is E132 and I bought it from Italy via amazon for 40 quid.

Very good! It's a weird feeling drilling into a new box isn't it. Have you thought where you are going to connect the +ve wire to the bike (to power the lock and your usb charger)?

The V46 has a similar connection via the bottom of the box and plate but only has two terminals - is meant for the brake light only, but as mine has been virtually invisible (very low wattage bulbs) I gave up on it and have taken the connector you have to mate with the lid off and replaced it with a USB charger. Will get the 2 pole plate plug Z880 and wire it to 12v switched probably - that why I'm wondering how you plan to do yours.

Very good! It's a weird feeling drilling into a new box isn't it. Have you thought where you are going to connect the +ve wire to the bike (to power the lock and your usb charger)? 
The V46 has a similar connection via the bottom of the box and plate but only has two terminals - is meant for the brake light only, but as mine has been virtually invisible (very low wattage bulbs) I gave up on it and have taken the connector you have to mate with the lid off and replaced it with a USB charger. Will get the 2 pole plate plug Z880 and wire it to 12v switched probably - that why I'm wondering how you plan to do yours.
Drilling was fine, as there was point made already for this hole. Only treating it with hammer was weird! I'll take +ve from remote lock unit, as brake light is activated on braking only.

I went overboard and bought PDM60. It is wired already to my bike as my BMW Nav V mount is wired to PDM60. I have 5 more circuits to connect any aux stuff.

As battery on Tracer is small, leaving bike with PDM60 and remote control constantly on would drain battery in week time, I'm going to wire topbox power to circuit which will be configured to be activated by ground trigger wire switch. In this case, I will be able to switch off remote control feature of topbox when leaving bike for longer period of time.

No word from them either, let's hope they stick to their word and dispatch tomorrow. I might have delayed mine by buying a colour coded lid for my V46 as well.

got message back after my email this morning... fingers crossed!

"
Good morning,
products is arriving today.
I’m sure that in this week we deliver all back orders.
thanks in advance and excuse us.

emanuele
Sovente srl - Accessori Moto"

Archived