New guy in Florida

• Premium Member
Hi all!

Excited new owner of a brand-new FJ-09 here. Just paid the money and signed the paperwork a couple of hours ago. Pick it up tomorrow.

Owned lots of bikes in the past. Currently sharing the garage with the FJ are a 2012 BMW K1600GT and a 2014 KTM 500 EXC. I needed something that would fill the gap between those two bikes and the FJ just seemed to check all of the boxes. It is a very nice package.

Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from the collective wisdom here. Perhaps, in time, I will be able to contribute a little of my own.

For now, just looking forward to tomorrow when I get to ride my new baby home!

Owned lots of bikes in the past. Currently sharing the garage with the FJ are a 2012 BMW K1600GT and a 2014 KTM 500 EXC. I needed something that would fill the gap between those two bikes and the FJ just seemed to check all of the boxes. It is a very nice package.
Welcome. Very nice collection!

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
Nice group of bikes - I must take a ride on a K1600, warp drive equipped sofa one day. I had great fun trying to keep up with a mate on a trip to France not so long ago.

Welcome to the board.

Have you ordered the faster, red one?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Thank you!
Frankly, I liked both of the colors offered here in the US, but available selection at the dealer forced my decision. I got the Matte Gray version.
Pictures when I get it home.

• Premium Member
Oh, and the wife doesn't know that I bought it. If you don't hear from me in the next few days, check the local hospital. She may put me there!
Good luck with that. My wife broke her leg dirt bike riding and was bed bound after the surgery. So naturally, I said I am going out for a little bit, and bought the F-Jay!
Still paying for that sneaky move. :o

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived