GT niggles?

bugie

Not to throw too much crazy into the mix but has anyone seen the new Versys 1000 for 2019? Might be another candidate. As for me I'm loving my GT...just wish the seat were a little less angled.
Still no cruise control on the Versus 1000? On a 2018 cruiser? 
And it weighs 250 kg.. fat bike! And the price in Denmark is way higher on the Versys - $5500 USD.

In Canada, the new Versys 1000 does have cruise control. Also electronic suspension adjustment, quick-shift up and down, but yes.... much more money than the GT.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

My Niggles:

[ul type=disc][*]The heated grips functions should be on a button not in the menu. You rarely change the tractions or engine modes so that could have been in the menu.[*]Menu scroll should be on a trigger on the left bar[*]Why when the air temp is permanently on the screen is there a funtion to addit to another screen.[*]No Fuel range[*]No fore thought about sat nav installation.  There should be a bracket in your eye line.[*]Key placement.[*]Seat is hard[*]Screen is shocking.[*]In this technological age let us disply our phones on the dash like the new KTM / BMW's can[/ul]
To counter some of the above I bought a Puig screen, a screen bracket for nav and an air seat.

I did look at the new versys 1000 at the NEC on sunday and it is a lovely bike.  Love the side lights built in and electronic suspension.

My Niggles: 
[ul type=disc][*]The heated grips functions should be on a button not in the menu. You rarely change the tractions or engine modes so that could have been in the menu.[*]Menu scroll should be on a trigger on the left bar[*]Why when the air temp is permanently on the screen is there a funtion to addit to another screen.[*]No Fuel range[*]No fore thought about sat nav installation.  There should be a bracket in your eye line.[*]Key placement.[*]Seat is hard[*]Screen is shocking.[*]In this technological age let us disply our phones on the dash like the new KTM / BMW's can[/ul]
To counter some of the above I bought a Puig screen, a screen bracket for nav and an air seat.

I did look at the new versys 1000 at the NEC on sunday and it is a lovely bike.  Love the side lights built in and electronic suspension.

Lots of truth. Did you know you can change what you have on the display though? I liked seeing the engine temp, but hated that as well (that the air temp showed twice. seemed like a waste of space). So I scrolled through the menu and changed so I have trip 1 showing with my engine temp now. Usually I keep it on that display but sometimes check out my fuel consumption/mpg average just to see how im doing. 
What do you mean no fuel range? I was getting about 220 miles if I pushed it that far. I typically fill up around 180-200 tho. Much better than my buddy with the fz 09, and another buddy with an xrs900 who *have to fill up around 120-150

Fuel range display...... counts down as you ride to show how far you can go until empty. My last 2 bikes had that feature and I find it more useful than a display for fuel consumed. That said, neither are that accurate anyway, just keep track of distance per tank and know how far you can ride after the light begins to flash.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

Yes I have reorganised my display but what i didn't understand is why you can add air temp to the custom display when it is on the screen permanently.

I usually have engine temp and trip as my primary display as don't rev high until my engine is up to temp.

My old versys 650 had a fuel range display and was pretty acurate.  Even if you have gallons until ampty would be good.  Although I do like the screen displaying how many miles you have travelled since the fuel light has come on.

Two niggles:

1) Forward slanted seat.
2) Crappy windshield, lots of wind noise and buffeting.
3) Well ok three niggles. Somewhat underwhelming brakes.

Now I spent the last 25 years driving a '78 Honda CB1000, '85 Honda V65, and a '00 Yamaha Vmax. Compared to these bikes the GT is so much better (other then the annoying seat) that I really don't have any complaints. The seat and windshield can be upgraded.

Haven't ridden yet but one way to out the front seat on high and rear on low is to cut the plastic riser in half and install the front portion but put the rear in the low setting. 

Have you done this? How does the back portion stay in position?

2003 ST1300A,  2017 PCX-150,  2019 Tracer 900 GT

Haven't ridden yet but one way to out the front seat on high and rear on low is to cut the plastic riser in half and install the front portion but put the rear in the low setting. 

I haven't, I actually have been getting used to the stock low position and think that will be fine for me. But, I need a good 600-800 mile day to know for sure.

I haven't, I actually have been getting used to the stock low position and think that will be fine for me. But, I need a good 600-800 mile day to know for sure.
I'm not sure about cutting that piece, but I instead did what someone else suggested. I removed the rubber bumpers from the bottom back of the seat and put the front into the upper position. It does seem much flatter, but leaves a bit of a gap between the seat and frame. I still need to go for a ride to test it out, but the weather is still pretty crappy here right now.

2003 ST1300A,  2017 PCX-150,  2019 Tracer 900 GT

I'm not sure about cutting that piece, but I instead did what someone else suggested. I removed the rubber bumpers from the bottom back of the seat and put the front into the upper position. It does seem much flatter, but leaves a bit of a gap between the seat and frame. I still need to go for a ride to test it out, but the weather is still pretty crappy here right now.
Yup, much better solution...