GT niggles?

bugie

On 10/8/2018 at 8:09 AM, soonerstan56 said:

#1 - The position of the key, with gloves on I have bent the key once! I now start the bike before I put the gloves on.

#2 - The fuel gauge reading. This is something I'll eventually adjust to but it's strange to travel 100 miles before it moves.

Other than those minor complaints I'm tickled with the machine especially the motor.

Stan

have you tried turning the wheel to the left ,,opens up nicely

On 11/4/2018 at 5:40 AM, snelly said:

Hi All,

I have done 2000 miles on my new 900GT and am generally pleased with it.  My niggles are much the same as everyone else:

[ul type=disc][*]The key is difficult to access[*][span style=background-color:transparent]The seat angle pushes me forwards[/span]
[*]The panniers won't take our helmets[*]Screen - the buffeting at speed is awful[*]Similarly, wind noise[*]Similarly, high speed stability - generally the screen is badly designed[*]I think the TFT should have some form of app connectivity[*]Quickshifter is up only[*]Throttle is a little snatchy[*]Exhaust note is a little underwhelming[*]Headlights could be better[*]Front brake is underpowered[/ul]
All of which sounds like I am disappointed and maybe I am.  However, I wasn't for the first couple of months and thought it was an awesome machine but something happened last week to make me reconsider my entire view of the bike - I test rode the BMW S1000XR.  

Unfortunately for me, the BMW is a better bike in every possible way bar one - it looks slightly waspish whereas my matt blue Tracer looks very pretty indeed. 

To compare the XR against the list above: 

[ul type=disc][*]The key is perfectly placed, right in front of you[*]The seat is bigger and more comfortable, especially with pillion[*]The screen is absolutely brilliant, creating a cocoon of perfectly smooth air[*]Consequently, a much nicer place to be at any speed[*]Beautifully stable ride at any speed[*]The Navigator 6 system is excellent, full satnav, great trip stats, phone connectivity and a mobile app[*]The quick shift system is flawless, both up and down in any gear at any speed - such a clever bit of engineering[*]Throttle is perfect.  Really smooth[*]It sounds like the ride of the Valkyries when you open it up [*]The brakes are sports bike standard - like chalk and cheese compared to the Tracer[*]It is ridiculously fast[*]Just feels like a very high quality product in every way. So much better (sorry all!)[/ul]
So I am really sorry that my first post here is not all that positive! If I had written it a week ago, it would have been totally different but having seen what excellent feels like with the XR, I am now really disappointed with my purchase.  Spend in haste, repent at leisure I suppose. 

I will change as soon as I can although this will mean a new house as the wider BMW bars won't fit through the passage to the rear of our house! Shame. 

Am on the hunt for a better screen for the Tracer ASAP though and will be riding it until at least the summer so will keep reading this board with interest. 

Ride safe. 

not sure why you are making the comparison ,,its apples and oranges and about $10K more ,my brother has one ,,and its not cheap to work on.,$$ ,,,theres always gonna be something better out there ,,most of us would love to be able to afford it ,and a Victorian house , if you want the best you are on the wrong bike . or are you?,,watch this vid,,i love how loose his hands are ,and how he almost passes him on the outside  ,the beemer is obviously faster but for all that extra money the tracer takes him on a stock $9K bike ,,, ,,,,dont let the door hit you on the way out ,,,

Edited by Bill H