Winter time weather complaining and off topic discussions

• Supporting Member
I had to put the liner in the textile jacket today for a ride. I live outside of Philadelphia. the leaves have not started to change or drop so riding in the stinking rain doesn't stop me.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
Well I am no longer using the bike to go to work, it’s around 40 here (Qc) every morning, and most of the time it’s raining these days... 
One last ride, two if I’m lucky...it’s sad sad.png
Sorry. That sucks when you have to stop riding to work. We have been debating leaving SoCal. One concern I have is the length of riding seasons elsewhere... Not that I'm a "fairweather" rider... but I am not fond of 120º temps nor sub40º.. there has got to be a magical place somewhere with perfect weather year round, where people are nice and traffic is light, where property is cheap, where money grows on trees, and every road is twisty... Anyone know of a place that fits that description?

• Supporting Member
there has got to be a magical place somewhere with perfect weather year round, where people are nice and traffic is light, where property is cheap, where money grows on trees, and every road is twisty... Anyone know of a place that fits that description?

Sounds like paradise to me.  8-)

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Here in Southern California, it has not cooled down much. Last night was the first rain we have had in a very long time. Still using the A/C at night to help sleep. 
On Monday or Tuesday we were using the A/C just to sleep as well. Then Wednesday (I think??) the cold front moved in and the temperature just dropped all day. Went from 70-ish at 7am to 50's by afternoon into the 40's at night and hasn't left since. The weather in the midwest is weird.

'15 FJ09

Not that I'm a "fairweather" rider... but I am not fond of 120º temps nor sub40º.. there has got to be a magical place somewhere with perfect weather year round, where people are nice and traffic is light, where property is cheap, where money grows on trees, and every road is twisty... Anyone know of a place that fits that description?

I've got the cheap property, light traffic, people are decent, and twisty roads in every direction. But the weather ain't perfect... 

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
Not that I'm a "fairweather" rider... but I am not fond of 120º temps nor sub40º.. there has got to be a magical place somewhere with perfect weather year round, where people are nice and traffic is light, where property is cheap, where money grows on trees, and every road is twisty... Anyone know of a place that fits that description?
I've got the cheap property, light traffic, people are decent, and twisty roads in every direction. But the weather ain't perfect... 
4 out of 6 is not bad... what is the job market/ economy like?

It went from 80 to 40 in one day here in MO...
I did a fall foliage ride this week through northern VT and NH.  Tue and Wed were in the 80s and foliage amazing. 
Thursday it dropped to 50 with steady rain. Coldest and wettest 150 miles I've ever ridden (in a mesh jacket no less)!  

But with global warming's weird weather patterns there is always a day or two each winter month where it is warm enough to ride here in NH.

So no longterm storage for me.

cb

trees.jpg
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Oh gosh, I wish we had 40. This is our weather

Elev 63ft 77.85 °S, 166.8 °E
McMurdo, Antarctica
-6 ANTARCTICA STATION | REPORT

| CHANGE
TODAY
HOURLY
10-DAY
CALENDAR HISTORY WUNDERMAP
1:24 PM NZDT on October 14, 2018 (GMT +1300) | Updated 5 minutes ago

-4° | -17°
-6 F
FEELS LIKE -25°

Mostly Cloudy

N12
Wind NNE

And this is a spring day

Oh gosh, I wish we had 40. This is our weather 
Elev 63ft 77.85 °S, 166.8 °E
McMurdo, Antarctica
-6 ANTARCTICA STATION | REPORT

Run thin oil, maybe -40-0 weight! 
cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

2019 calls for a week-long road trip through Northern California, Plumas NF/Tahoe/Yosemite area and a 9-day trip through Utah and Colorado as a start.

I'll be with this guy betoney in 2019. I think I like this guys calendar......

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member
2019 calls for a week-long road trip through Northern California, Plumas NF/Tahoe/Yosemite area and a 9-day trip through Utah and Colorado as a start. 

I'll be with this guy betoney in 2019. I think I like this guys calendar......
Route 66 calls me for 2019... Hope it works out..... 8-)

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
Not FJ related, but I am hoping to get my Raptor/Interceptor hybrid project on the road by the spring. We’ve made great progress on it, but still a lot of little details to get finalized. Initial impressions are that it will be a ridiculously entertaining hooligan machine.

Not FJ related, but I am hoping to get my Raptor/Interceptor hybrid project on the road by the spring. We’ve made great progress on it, but still a lot of little details to get finalized. Initial impressions are that it will be a ridiculously entertaining hooligan machine.
Raptor/interceptor... please expound on this.. pics if available...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Raptor/interceptor... please expound on this.. pics if available...
Absotively!!!!  Pictures and details, please!!!!!