Winter time weather complaining and off topic discussions

Not FJ related, but I am hoping to get my Raptor/Interceptor hybrid project on the road by the spring. We’ve made great progress on it, but still a lot of little details to get finalized. Initial impressions are that it will be a ridiculously entertaining hooligan machine.

oooooOOO that sounds cool!

One of my buds linked up a YFZ 350 (banshee) motor slung in a motard YZ 450F frame the other day. So badass.

-Skip

• Supporting Member
Raptor/interceptor... please expound on this.. pics if available...
700 Raptor quad motor swapped into a VF500 Interceptor frame.

Some of the details and progress is here: https://fj-09.org/thread/5218/latest-hybrid-thumper-build-project

I’ll post some updated photos shortly, but that should give you an idea of what we’re doing. I’ve always had a thing for big four stroke singles, and this one should be a monster.

4 out of 6 is not bad... what is the job market/ economy like?
I'm in Rolla Missouri which has about 20,000 permanent residents and is the largest town for 1.5 hours in any direction. So unless you're medical, engineering university professor, or law enforcement, not too great. There used to be lead and coal mining out here, but that's all gone now leaving everything pretty depressed. There are a few university spin-off engineering businesses but you'd have to get shit house lucky to land a job at one of those.  
You may consider poking around Springfield or Columbia Missouri though. Laughably low housing prices but a much better job market and economy. There's also St Louis and Kansas City (my old boss from Sacramento is moving his business to KC) which have good job markets but are too big for my liking. 

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
One of my buds linked up a YFZ 350 (banshee) motor slung in a motard YZ 450F frame the other day. So badass.  
-Skip
Sounds like a crazy good time... I love stuff like that!

It’s funny you mention the Banshee swap, as I have a rather healthy RZ350 motor (essentially the same thing) sitting on a shelf, looking for the right swap target. I’m thinking an FZ09 would be perfect, but I haven’t found a cheap roller yet. That’s actually a good thing, since I need to get the RaptorCeptor done before taking on another one-off build project.

-Scott

• Supporting Member
@skippert - Ruh Roh... look what I just found: Banshee-swapped YZ motard, courtesy of Framecrafters.  
Dead sexy, that would be.

263b75a309b90861e246054872975190.jpg

982ee181eef58a1139b443451cbc5b24.jpg

1cb84be44973d2a1259597da4c15380c.jpg

Uh... two words - F*%KING TERRIFYING!!!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@skippert - Ruh Roh... look what I just found: Banshee-swapped YZ motard, courtesy of Framecrafters.  

The rider must be proficient at managing wheelies, that's for sure!

'15 FJ09

Sweet Mother of Pearl!  I'd like to ride that.  Once. 
They'd need a crew with a rescue tool standing by to pry my fingers off the bars and a crowbar to break the suction between my butt and the seat when I was done...

Took that ride today. 51°, lots of sun. Discovered 3 things:

1. I was underdressed, particularly in the glove department.
2. My natural tendency to be a wuss is getting stronger with age.
3. I think I missed peak color. Took my favorite ride out through pond country and nothing jumped out at me as picture worthy.

Still, it was one more ride...smiley.png

• Premium Member
2. My natural tendency to be a wuss is getting stronger with age.

You ain't alone.....  (rofl)  

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
I put all my nice bikes away the first time they put salt and cinders on the roads, Then it's KLR650 time until spring. The KLR is a great winter bike, the fairing and radiator shrouds give really good wind protection.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
I know, right? And this one has a heavily modified 420cc motor! Because, you know, stock RZs were known for being so docile and easy to ride... :)

• Supporting Member
I know, right? And this one has a heavily modified 420cc motor! Because, you know, stock RZs were known for being so docile and easy to ride... smiley.png
As a life long 2-stroke dirt rider having ridden several CR500's, I know how easy it can be to get in over your head when the power comes on... and thats in loose dirt.  With sticky tires and 100% traction on pavement...with a short wheel base... and a very high power to weight ratio - what could go wrong?  ??? 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***