Winter time weather complaining and off topic discussions

I'm in southern Massachusetts. I just picked up my brand new bike a week and a half ago. I installed OEM heated grips on Saturday and went riding for a half an hour at 42 degrees. What a difference. This is going to be a long winter with a new bike sitting in the garage. Usually there's a few days warm enough to go out for a short ride and I think it'll be easier with the new grips.

I put my highest grip setting on ten once, after 200 miles of 38* rain, and then going into 30 miles of snow. The insides of my hands were in pain from the heat, while the outside froze, because wow, those stock hand gaurds are worthless...
Yea these handguards are entirely cosmetic, nothing functional about 'em!

'15 FJ09

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
It's been warm enough the past couple days I could have been riding. But the chance of rain was too high and that could get ugly fast out here.
78 and sunny here both days this weekend!

I’m already working on the apology speech to my wife for being an absentee husband...

• Premium Member
It's been warm enough the past couple days I could have been riding. But the chance of rain was too high and that could get ugly fast out here.
I’m already working on the apology speech to my wife for being an absentee husband...
Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.  
Just saying.  cool.png

Of course. I live in South Florida, USA. Where it's perfect for riding now. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Honestly I'm not too thrilled about the weather in MO this past year. No spring, Fall was too short. Summer was annoying warm. Lows in the 70's with stupid high humidity and high's in the 90's. Then we get this phucking freezing ass weather in winter... 2017 was much better, we got a super long spring which was awesome!

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.  
Just saying.  cool.png

Of course. I live in South Florida, USA. Where it's perfect for riding now. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

@fddriver2 and @texscottyd - I hate you both - just sayin'.  wink.png

Low 40's and drenching rain here.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

It’s your penance for living in an area that has an abundance of twisting roads & elevation changes. :)

• Supporting Member

It’s your penance for living in an area that has an abundance of twisting roads & elevation changes. smiley.png

So true.  When the weather is nice, it cant be beat.  Mountain passes and canyon twisties, the Northwest does have some phenomenal riding.

• Supporting Member

Then you’re gonna be REALLY pissed at my day today: 227 spirited miles, in absolutely spectacular weather conditions!  
Highlights included:
- Incredible breakfast tacos
- Several forays up into triple digits
- Showing a 1098 Ducati the fast way through the forest
- Triggering the low fuel countdown clock at only 142 miles on the tank... as I said, it was a ‘spirited’ ride
- Did I mention the weather was absolutely spectacular?

Don’t hate the player, just hate the seasonal weather game. smiley.png

And yes, the sky really is that blue today...  

22-D7-BD4-C-2-A96-4969-91-AE-86-F852-BDF1-F5.jpg

766-C1-F55-9568-4-E11-ACC2-E1-C0-D7-C58160.jpg

196-B9195-6-E05-4-C30-96-D3-E8-F14-D7-A3-F9-E.jpg

• Supporting Member

@texscottyd - Very Nice! Sounds like a great ride.  You had me at breakfast tacos...

It is forecast to be dry but 40 degrees as a high temp for the rest of this coming week. I will live vicariously through your exploits... and I'll be sure to rub it in when you are suffering through triple digit temperatures this summer. :D