Winter time weather complaining and off topic discussions

Scotty,

May the Bird of Paradise lay an egg on your breakfast tacos.

Chris in New Hampshire
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Then you're really going to hate me! This weekend 5 other gents and myself took a thousand mile jaunt through central CA on mostly back country, not very well known roads up to Monterey. Then back down the PCH for a bit, then a few other back country roads on the way down. Hows that for winter riding??

ride1.jpg

ride2.jpg

ride3.jpg

ride4.jpg

ride5.jpg

ride6.jpg

Then you're really going to hate me! This weekend 5 other gents and myself took a thousand mile jaunt through central CA on mostly back country, not very well known roads up to Monterey. Then back down the PCH for a bit, then a few other back country roads on the way down. Hows that for winter riding??
So you know... I am going to flag this to the admin as inappropriate. notamused.png
Admin finger hovering over the “delete post: for causing unnecessary distress to other forum members” button..

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Very nice. Needless to say, nobody likes you haha. 
Did you do Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd? 

'15 FJ09

Yep! Right through Fort Hunter Liggett and onto Paso Robles. 

Yep! Right through Fort Hunter Liggett and onto Paso Robles. 
Nice! Fantastic road. I was surprised by Fort Hunter Ligget when I went that way. Was there a guard at the gate when you guys went through?

'15 FJ09

• 1 month later...

This winter has been relatively warm so far *knock on wood*. No weeks of sub 20F weather. But, not warm enough for regular riding either. Currently there's several inches of snow on the ground. 

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member

We just got our second snowfall of the year in eastern PA, 1" inch of snow followed by 2" inches of rock salt. Looks like the bikes are away till after the next rain storm.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

This officially sucks. I have a 2 month old FJ 09 sitting in the garage with a brand new K-Tech Razor installed and the weather is as cold as a witch's tit in a brass bra........and predicted to stay like this. Plus I have a pile of small accessories that came in the mail that I can't install. I've been able to get out for short rides pretty consistently until the last week. Managed to put 500 miles on it since early November. I'm frustrated. At least the Patriots are in the AFC championship game again.

• Supporting Member

Forecast calls for a mostly sunny 72 degrees tomorrow...   If ever there is a “work from home Friday” on my schedule, this is going to be it.    I‘ve moved all my client calls to the morning, and should be on the FJ by 10:01 am... 

I can’t wait.  Last time out was new year’s day, so I feel overdue for a couple hundred miles of therapy.  

2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Forecast calls for a mostly sunny 72 degrees tomorrow...     

For weeks on end now it has been 30 deg C plus here (86F) and very humid.   Some inland towns hit 47C yesterday - that's 116F!  The whole of Oz is currently experiencing  a 'code red' heat-wave and alert, with no sign of it abating any time soon.

This knocks me around so I was last out almost two weekends ago - I've had the bike for a month now (from today) and it only has 571km on it!   I was awake a lot in the night and half-thought about going for a midnight run, a la John Davis, but then fell asleep (finally!) and so didn't!   I need to get close to the 1000km mark so I can have and then forget about the 1000km first service and installation  of the revised clutch cable assembly.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.