Another UK newbie.

catteeclan

Hi all.
Had a test ride yesterday and I'm pretty taken with the new Tracer GT. Loved the engine, dash and riding position seemed to fit me nicely. Still get some buzzing through the footpegs, bit more wind buffering and what the hell were they thinking with the ignition switch?  
Thinking of trading my super ten as it's bloody heavy moving it around the garden to get it in the shed but love it while riding.
Be interested to see what mods you've done so off for a look see.

welcome to the forum @catteeclan. I think you’ll enjoy the Tracer if you decide to get one ??

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Welcome catteeclan, whereabouts in the UK are you?

Glad you are taken with the GT, you seem to have pinpointed the same gripes as almost everyone else  :D

Not done too many mods to mine yet, fitted front and rear fender extenders and a larger screen (which is untested as of yet), but not planning anything else as I'm happy with it otherwise.

Cheers
Steve

• Supporting Member
Welcome to the forum catteeclan
Also, your heels will be rubbing up against the passenger footpeg mounts if you have big hoofs and finding the side stand can be a pain in the ass.
Other than that I am very happy with me economy sport tourer.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

My PUIG touring screen turned up today so need to install it asap.

I agree with the ignition switch.  

I would have like to swap some of the functality of the hard switches between the soft ones.  E.g I rarely change the engine modes or traction control.  I do often scroll through the ODO and the headed grip options so would have liked hard switches for them on the left hand bar..

I have the Puig touring screen with a little aerofoil/lip/spolier clipped on the top edge. Its the best screen I’ve found so far for noise and wind/rain protection, but looks ugly with it being so damn huge. I only use it for winter riding so only put it back on yesterday.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Here's mine, loving the Puig screen, even at 92 mph (on a private road) there was no wind buffeting and very, very, little wind noise, I could ride with my visor open no problem at all.

The difference is also very noticeable when reviewing the camera footage, I can now hear the bike's engine and myself talking, previously with the OEM screen all I gt was wind noise!

Very happy with the Puig.

[/img]

Cheers
Steve

Same screen as mine then (9726h).

I am 6 foot and find it so much better than the stock screen.  Just winterfying my bike at the mo.

Fitted the screen last week.
Fitted side LED's to the crash bars on saturday.

Adding my heated gloves and spot lights this weekend...

• 3 weeks later...
I alsi just installed this: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Tracer-900-18-cockpit-GPS-bracket-RAM-ball-/273526723412
It makes my phones nav in my field of view then...
Kennydies, can you please do a review once you've used it a few times? It has been discussed on other threads on the forum but the recommended weight limit is only 200g (from memory) so I've steered clear as the TomTom is 420g without mount etc. So I'd be really interested to know whether you find it ok in use. 
Cheers
Steve

Archived