• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Shoei Gt Air vs Scorpion exo t1200

justin

On 10/16/2018 at 4:44 PM, DavidS said:

I have a long narrow head, and it's always a struggle to find helmets that fit well.

You could always just eat any police officer that tried to arrest you for not wearing a helmet?

alien-3-dog-alien-maquette-coolprops-903

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, BBB said:

You could always just eat any police officer that tried to arrest you for not wearing a helmet?

alien-3-dog-alien-maquette-coolprops-903

With a head like that, you dont even need a helmet.  😄

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered a Shoei GT Air from www.Motorcyclecloseouts.com  Limited selections and sizes but the price was nice. $370.00 shipping included. I've had many Shoeis in the past from the old RF700's, through Neo-techs and X-11's.  I wear a 5 year old Arai right now and needed to treat myself before spring arrives. I'll post a review when it arrives.

Edited by 2linby
  • Thumbsup 1

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• 2 weeks later...

Well the helmet showed up and didn't fit very well. Way too light. So I returned it and ordered a large. I'm right on the cusp of a medium or large. So I wait again. Bummer. Tuesday next week it is suppose to show. 

On 1/25/2019 at 5:15 AM, magnatic said:

I'm curious as to the reason for not replacing your current helmet with another Arai. 

I've had more shoes over forty years of riding so I know they are excellent helmets. The primary reason is I want a Internal flip down visor. Arai doesn't make one as they are not Snell rated .  My glasses are photosensitive and under the shield they do not darken (UV rays). Plus the prices are dropping on the Shoei with the advent of the new model being introduced. 

I've been running the Shoei GT air for the last 2 seasons and as a whole, it is a decent helmet.  I would like better airflow as I run most of the time with the visor cracked in the first detent.  The fighter pilot style recessed tinted shield is great since I usually go into work when it is sunny and leave around midnight, plus I wear Rx glasses so this way I do not need to carry extra sunglasses; I already carry enough crap.  

• Thumbsup 1

Just received the large. Much better fit. It came with a clear pin-lock shield and an insert!  I'll be wearing it tomorrow.fullsizeoutput_470.thumb.jpeg.294d4557025e7715045eae04993321ae.jpeg

Edited by 2linby

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

My Scorpion T1200 started out good, but wore out relatively quickly. Sun visor scratched easily. Plastics cracked. Cushion flattened. Protective shell even showed wear. Replaced after 3 years, and I kept my Shoeis 5 years. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having just bought my Tracer I thought it was about time I retired my 17 year old OGK helmet.

I seem to have a Shoei shaped head and went for the new GT Air 2, whilst there I was looking for a way to bluetooth my phone and there is a SENA kit designed to fit into the GT Air 2.

Helmet is fairly noisy but I'm still not sure if a lot of that is down to the screen on the FJ, I've never had a bike with a tall screen so still experimenting (but that's another story).

165287670_20190523_200208(640x480).jpg.8c8c742bcd593c7c96b5ee58e8c6b339.jpg107635227_20190523_200224(480x640).jpg.9f2adff73faa87a721214c11791b9188.jpgThe headset is awesome, I can be riding at 70mph and take a call and they think I'm sitting in the house, the noise suppression is obviously amazing.

You can see the general control panel fitted in top photo and in bottom photo shows the battery pack fitted at base of neck.

The lining has channels already formed to take cables and earpieces.

UK price was £470 for helmet and £260 for SENA

Mine has a buckle, must say I'd rather a double D but can't have everything.