Best heated gear

rtaylor522

• Premium Member
Sure did...I'm waiting for him to return....he saw my post but not my message yet.

Been out riding (in my WNS liner, dont need their Ultimate Touring Gloves with FJs heated grips down to 40 like it was today).

I'll clarify the difference btw their 2 gloves in a PM but I dont recommend heated glove liners, too bulky. Get a liner, gloves and the dual heat troller...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1 for Warm N Safe. Quality stuff, and yes their Heat Troller is excellent. My Troller is mounted on my handlebar and has been through two Oregon winters with no issues. It sits out in the rain all day while I'm at work.  
+ 1.  My WnS dual heat-troller sits on my clutch mc 24/7 during the Texas "winter".  I velcro it to the top of the mc and lasso the safety tether around the clutch line, although it's never fallen off the mc in about 90k miles.  When not in use, I just pull the batteries and store it until next winter.  I've been using the same one for about 4 years, in all kinds of nasty weather.  FWIW, it controls my Gerbings liner and gloves.

I use Keis heated glove liners with a pair of waterproof (but not insulated) outer gloves 1 size up from my normal. The best part about their gear is gloves, jacket, trousers & insoles all plug into each other as you upgrade. Let me tell you, having warm toes is niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Only downside with something like heated gloves is that you then realise the next part to get cold, then the next, then the next.

The old school UK way of keeping warm is a newspaper flat in the front of your jacket, heated grips, summer gloves and neoprene muffs. That is if you can cope with how horrible they look!

Do the Warm n Safe gen 4 jacket liners have any give? I'm literally on the line with XL vs XXL...does the waist stretch at all? 48 chest 44 waist 37.5 Arms puts me in the middle....would rather not swim but I am XXL in Olympia jacket and XL with "42" waist in most American fit clothes.

Gloves I'm right at 8.75 inches but that expands to 9.5 when I squeeze the grip so probably xl there

• Premium Member
Do the Warm n Safe gen 4 jacket liners have any give? I'm literally on the line with XL vs XXL...does the waist stretch at all?

There is no streach to their liners. Heated liner should fit snuggly. I only wear a t-shirt or base-layer under mine to allow good heat transfer.

That said, W-n-S is great about exchanging items for sizing issues!

I ordered the Gen 4 liner and touring gloves with dual remote heatroller....thanks for the recommendation. I ordered the XXL which will likely be the better choice for the liner....went with touring gloves because I don't stop for the rain most days.
Thanks again!

I've been using the Warm and Safe jacket liner for years.  I use it with the wireless Heat troller mounted with "pin-lock" (plastic type heavy duty velcro) on my front brake master cylinder with the tether looped around the mirror.  

Warm and Safe Glove liners and Oxford Heated grips are the ticket for my hands.  I tried the WNS gloves but found them too bulky.  I only use the glove liners when it is in the 30's.  Above 40 the heated grips tend to work fine.  

Only downside with something like heated gloves is that you then realise the next part to get cold, then the next, then the next.  
The old school UK way of keeping warm is a newspaper flat in the front of your jacket, heated grips, summer gloves and neoprene muffs. That is if you can cope with how horrible they look!
Yup ! Heated grips, luxury ! Oh, better have heated waistcoat. Oh, better have jacket, my arms are getting cold... 
Uk old school way, heated grips ?? Packamac ( never waterproof for more than 5 mins) over denim jacket, and stop every 5 miles, put your gloves on exhausts to dry them out, ready for the next 5 miles. 

Now I've gone soft, Keis jacket, I love the warm collar, oxford heated grips, and barkbusters blizzards. 

I ended up with a W&S remote dual heatroller...2AAA in the new model, still claims 1 year battery life. I love the liner but I ordered one size to large on the gloves I think...they are definitely a bit more clunky than what I'm used to riding with. Either way it all seems like awesome gear. I mounted the heatroller down on the plastic fairing that goes around the gas tank opening at the handle bars. It's quite convenient and no flashy LEDs in my face....I ride at night at least once a day.

• Premium Member
Another Keis fan - I use a heated vest and insoles. as the poster above says, you can plug the insoles into the jacket to reduce the leads.

I have also bought a pair of Gerbing G12 gloves which are very comfy and warm but not tested long enough to give a strong recommendation. Say they are waterproof but not tested this feature yet.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Supporting Member
...I use plastic shields from a Suzuki VStrom when its cold out...
I think I will try these out in place of my KTM guards. Look to provide better protection, and will free up space on the handlebar... need space for the heat controller. The list continues to grow... tongue.png

A quick heads-up before buying these, they are a "universal-fit" and will require a Dremel to fine tune the fit to your specific set up.  I didn't find this to be a deal breaker but some might.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived