FJ-09 Availability with heated grips and saddle bags

Just picked my FJ up yesterday, with the bags installed. I believe they have had the bags for some time, as they have had the bikes for a while.

I was told the grips would probably show up in May. Doesn't really matter at this point, as long as they show up by Fall!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the record my dealer notified me on April 15, 2015 that the FJ-09 Grip Heater p/n 2PP-H29A0-V0-00 I ordered March 12 has come in.  I haven't pick them up yet, as I'm now waiting for the shifter shaft recall kit to come in so I'll only need one trip to the dealer

Guest bmidd
I've run a wide variety of heated grips through the years, including Yamaha's. Oxford grips are better and cheaper.
But they don't run through the ECU and give you control through the handlebar controls with the nice pictograph on the display, that selling point is important to many people. And I must have been lucky, mine were installed within 4 days of paying for my bike in Feb.

• 1 month later...
Adding my two cents regarding the availability of the heated grips. Just heard from my dealer, telling me the grips are back ordered. I put in the order same day I purchased my bike, June 6. Looks like Yamaha has not sorted the issue of getting these items in stock. I was hoping to have them installed during my first service (two days from now), but looks like I'll do it myself. Looks pretty straight forward after reading @ULEWZ guide http://fj-09.org/thread/580/grip-heaters-oem

Adding my two cents regarding the availability of the heated grips. Just heard from my dealer, telling me the grips are back ordered. I put in the order same day I purchased my bike, June 6. Looks like Yamaha has not sorted the issue of getting these items in stock. I was hoping to have them installed during my first service (two days from now), but looks like I'll do it myself. Looks pretty straight forward after reading @ulewz guide http://fj-09.org/thread/580/grip-heaters-oem
My grips came into the dealer 6/15.  I ordered with the bike on 3/20.  Unless something has changed I don't know about, I would venture to guess you will have a long wait as well.

• Premium Member
Adding my two cents regarding the availability of the heated grips. Just heard from my dealer, telling me the grips are back ordered. I put in the order same day I purchased my bike, June 6. Looks like Yamaha has not sorted the issue of getting these items in stock. I was hoping to have them installed during my first service (two days from now), but looks like I'll do it myself. Looks pretty straight forward after reading @ulewz guide http://fj-09.org/thread/580/grip-heaters-oem
My grips came into the dealer 6/15.  I ordered with the bike on 3/20.  Unless something has changed I don't know about, I would venture to guess you will have a long wait as well.
I ordered on 4/1, no grips yet.  It's pretty clear that a lot of stuff just showed up, though, with people getting grips and lower mounts that hadn't been seen anywhere in months.  So, I'm hopeful I'll see my grips soon.  Just in time for the heat of summer! 
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

I bought my FJ on June 22nd and ordered the bags and supports at the same time. The bags came quick but the supports are on back order until the end of July! Apparently I'm not the only one waiting for their supports. I just got out bid on eBay for a set selling for $150. What a tease to have the bags but not be able to use them!

Archived