They're Here

• Premium Member
Red one is definitely faster... Proved it on the way home !
QED

My thesis is now a proven physical phenomenon and will be adopted as the Wessie Law in physics.

Should get a PhD from this.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Red one is definitely faster... Proved it on the way home !
Good on  you. I proved it today also.  

Well not really, David rides the wheels off his Grey one.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Welcome Out of interest what adjustments did you make ?
I might drop my levers down a bit.
I've still got that white line on my tyre after 200 miles lol
Sandpaper time I think :-)

My first job job was to adjust the levers so that they fall under fingers and toes. The seat was put to its highest next, when I had worked out that I had to remove the rubber bung with the arrow on it to access the seat lever.  :D

I then removed the screen and its mounts and the plastic covers for the accessory socket to gain access to the wiring. I found the feed to the accessory socket and soldered on the wires for a feed to my garmin GPS. I have a lockable touratech GPS mount, but will have to wait until they design and produce an 'above instruments' mount for the tracer. For now, I have a ram mount fixed to the left front handlebar bolt. I had to add another spacer to raise the base so the the GPS could be tilted back towards me to my liking.

A small black rat insignia sticker was stuck on the plastic facia under the screen.

I test fitted my hard city cases, and they look the biz. I'm glad I made the effort to get the cases and fitting brackets from the USA, as I didn't really want the soft cases that they restrict you to on the UK market.

finally, I stuffed a visor cleaning sponge and spray, together with a Xena disclock screamer under the back seat.

Don't ya just love farkiling and fiddling and personalising your own bike!  8-)

Welcome Out of interest what adjustments did you make ?
I might drop my levers down a bit.
I've still got that white line on my tyre after 200 miles lol
Sandpaper time I think :-)
My first job job was to adjust the levers so that they fall under fingers and toes. The seat was put to its highest next, when I had worked out that I had to remove the rubber bung with the arrow on it to access the seat lever.  :D

I then removed the screen and its mounts and the plastic covers for the accessory socket to gain access to the wiring. I found the feed to the accessory socket and soldered on the wires for a feed to my garmin GPS. I have a lockable touratech GPS mount, but will have to wait until they design and produce an 'above instruments' mount for the tracer. For now, I have a ram mount fixed to the left front handlebar bolt. I had to add another spacer to raise the base so the the GPS could be tilted back towards me to my liking.

A small black rat insignia sticker was stuck on the plastic facia under the screen.

I test fitted my hard city cases, and they look the biz. I'm glad I made the effort to get the cases and fitting brackets from the USA, as I didn't really want the soft cases that they restrict you to on the UK market.

finally, I stuffed a visor cleaning sponge and spray, together with a Xena disclock screamer under the back seat.

Don't ya just love farkiling and fiddling and personalising your own bike!  8-)

Great stuff
Do you have a link to the cases and when there on would a tail tidy work or would the indicators catch the bags ?

This is where I got the stays for the cases (I actually accidentally ordered 2 sets, so I will have a spare set - doh)! Stays

The side cases came from yamabits in Jersey Cases

I don't know about the indicators, as I will be leaving that part standard, sorry.

This is where I got the stays for the cases (I actually accidentally ordered 2 sets, so I will have a spare set - doh)! Stays 

The side cases came from yamabits in Jersey Cases 

I don't know about the indicators, as I will be leaving that part standard, sorry.

I can see why you ended up with 2 sets
I just clicked add to cart and it upped the quantity to 2 lol
Thanks for the links btw.
If you want to sell your spare set let me know.

If you cut away the plastic where tool kit sits you can have more under seat storage great for bits and pieces
Can you take a picture and show us how this is done?  

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived