Full face helmets with internal drop down visors.

Here is my helmet. The quietest, most comfortable helmet I have owned dating back to 1978. 

schuberth_c4_helmet.jpg
WWW.CYCLEGEAR.COM

Closing the chinbar of the Schuberth C4 helmet is like closing the door of a luxury Mercedes or BMW and feeling the silence of the cabin set in. Unmatched, German-engineered quality and the latest in aerodynamics and...

Guys, check out 

WWW.MOTORCYCLEHOUSE.COM

Shop whole range of brands for top motorcycle gear, apparel, luggage, accessories and parts at low prices. Fast shipping (free on orders over $89) and easy returns.

They always have a coupon code at top of their website and when you add that in, most of their stuff comes out cheaper than Revzilla.  Good shipping too.  Their current coupon is good for 30% off.  

Coupon: VALENTINE30

• 1 year later...

This is a year old thread so sorry for bringing it from the dead but: I have a GT-Air and they are on sale right now at Revzilla for 350. Also, Schuberth's S2 elite, which would be the closest competitor is on sale there too for 400. I'm thinking of switching to the S2 just to see if it's as quiet as everyone says it is

2 hours ago, Hyena said:

This is a year old thread so sorry for bringing it from the dead but: I have a GT-Air and they are on sale right now at Revzilla for 350. Also, Schuberth's S2 elite, which would be the closest competitor is on sale there too for 400. I'm thinking of switching to the S2 just to see if it's as quiet as everyone says it is

yep

shoei_gt_air_helmet.jpg

High-tech, yet elegantly simple. The GT-Air features fully-adjustable...

And Shuberth helmets are my favorite and are the quietest I have ever ridden in

schuberth_s2_sport_elite_helmet_yellow.j

The S2 packs Schuberth’s famous acoustics, a drop down sun visor and...

• Thanks 1

To each his own that’s for sure when it comes to helmets. I’m personally not a fan of modular helmets anymore  as the weight bothers my neck. I think it’s a function of 2 things my increasing age and I now have the time to ride more than ever so I’m  on the bike for longer.  My wife of 25 years started riding last year. I bought her a modular and the first thing she said is it’s too heavy. I only mention this because no matter how strong your neck is there is no point adding stress to it and excessive weight on your head cannot be good in the event of an accident. All that said I’m not suggesting anyone stop using modular helmets if that’s what they like.  

I have used Shoei RF for the past several years and really like them.  I could not imagine changing brands until I tried on an HJC. I have the RPHA 11 and I think my wife’s is a 70.  Great quality, light weight and the visor optics are unbelievably good. My wife’s has a drop down visor, I opted for the one without. I never gave HJC much consideration but I am really please with these 2 helmets. 

• Premium Member

I have a Klim TK1200 I think it is.  Very light for a  modular and yes, the non modular is even lighter. But the cherry on top is the Transition lens with a pin lock too. Only thing I  don't like is putting it on and taking it off.  Very  tight there but fits great once on your head. All day comfortable. 

4 hours ago, fjray said:

I have a Klim TK1200 I think it is.  Very light for a  modular and yes, the non modular is even lighter. But the cherry on top is the Transition lens with a pin lock too. Only thing I  don't like is putting it on and taking it off.  Very  tight there but fits great once on your head. All day comfortable. 

With the front flipped up, try grabbing the sides and flexing the shell outwards as you put the helmet on. One of the joys of modular helmets should be the ease of putting them on.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

On 11/15/2018 at 12:26 AM, kiwicanuck said:

I have had my Shoei GT Air for 4 years, awesome helmet and I wouldn’t buy a helmet now without a internal sun visor. We should see a new gt air soon iam guessing as it’s getting old now

Had mine for 5 years last year, newer version out last year so bought a discounted older version same as mine, best lid I've ever used!

• Thumbsup 1

On 2/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, duhs10 said:

I recently replaced my helmet and went with the RPHA 70 ST. Very pleased with the quality. There are a lot of different designs to choose from as well.

I just picked one up myself at the toronto motorcycle show.  I was set on the gt air and gt air II and once i put on the RPHA 70 i was amazed at the fit and weight and the quality of the optics in the drop down sun visor.  the price was close to half of and arai i liked too.  i never thought i would buy and HJC helmet for the street after owning a few of their snowmobile helmets....didn't like them much

hjc_helmets_rpha70_st_balius_mc5_sf_750x750.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 3/6/2020 at 12:44 PM, BBB said:

With the front flipped up, try grabbing the sides and flexing the shell outwards as you put the helmet on. One of the joys of modular helmets should be the ease of putting them on.

I do that, in fact unless i do that it isn't going on.  I have had two others that went on real easily.

• Thumbsup 1