Nelson Rigg CL-2014 Tank Bag

kltk1

I've been watching this YouTube channel for the last few weeks. He has a lot of great content on the FJ-09 and just posted the following review of the Nelson-Rigg CL-2014 magnetic tank bag. It looks really good on the bike, especially with the Nelson-Rigg tail bag. For the money, it looks like a great option.

• Supporting Member
You are better off with a quick release tank bag, it stands clear of the tank. Magnetic tank bags will scratch the heck out of your paint on the tank.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
I have the prior slightly smaller version of the N-R mini TB and it strangely only lightly scuffed the left side leading edge of the plastic gas tank surround. It sticks like glue and fits perfectly on the exposed steel tank sections. But it it bit too small for my needs.

This 2014 is a fair amount bigger (taller plus side pockets) and if I'd seen this video before I bought the SW Mototech Engage gas cap mount bag, I may have chosen instead the N-R tb, as while maybe its a bit smaller than the Engage its main compartment is better shaped and more usable, AND it is a HECK of a lot cheaper and can fit on other my bikes without a gas cap mounting ring; saving more $.

I have and use this tank bag daily. It's a good size. I have a matte grey FJ and the magnets on the side began to buff the finish. No scratches but definitely more glossy looking in those 2 spots. Once that began I made a tank protector out of some faux carbon fiber vinyl wrap.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived