Florida Summer Helmet Mods

tracerben

• Premium Member
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, Armyfazer said:

If you don't want to drill in your next face shield, get a visor with a pin lock insert. I''m on my first helmet with one and love it. Absolutely fog free year round! 

And an option  on the drop down tinted lens has worked great for me. I bought the photochromic shield for my Shoei RF1200 and it's all I need. It is nice to not have to worry about that anymore. 

I just replaced the photochromatic shield on my RF1200.  My old one still transitioned perfectly after 19k miles of commuting, but was scratched up from user idiocy.  I was lucky to get it just before the price jumped, so I won't be getting another one.  At 200 for the visor, I just can't justify it for convenience.

• Thumbsup 1

23 hours ago, superfist said:

I just replaced the photochromatic shield on my RF1200.  My old one still transitioned perfectly after 19k miles of commuting, but was scratched up from user idiocy.  I was lucky to get it just before the price jumped, so I won't be getting another one.  At 200 for the visor, I just can't justify it for convenience.

Yeah, I just saw the new prices. That's ridiculous. I'm doing my best to make this one last. I'm not sure if I will buy another either if they keep them at such a price. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...

I find that most full face helmets are fine at speed here in Central Florida but man... Anything less than 25Mph is absolutely brutal from April to September. I really feel that between the rain and heat our riding season is simply just the opposite of most other places.