Cheated on my FJ

Regarding the wayward thoughts, I've always wanted a Speed Triple. I may end up replacing the FJ with one next year. We'll see.

I've always been drawn to the Multistrada 1200... still love my '15 FJ and have no plans of getting rid of it.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
Regarding the wayward thoughts, I've always wanted a Speed Triple. I may end up replacing the FJ with one next year. We'll see.
Augment, not replace. I figure as long as all my motorcycles know that we’re in an open relationship, it’s technically not cheating. :)

The Aprilia seems to be very moody and unpredicatable, however... typical Italian.

I love the CP3 motor after years of inline 4 or 2 cyl motors and years of dirt bikes... the power is just right- its a blend of useable power from low to high rpm... the FZ-07 has awesone off idle power to about 7k rpms, an r1 type bike loves rpms where is built to run- the CP3 motor has decent off idle power and enough speed to trip up an R1...

I would cheat on my FJ-09 with a turbo FZ-09 or maybe an R9? ( the CP3 motor in a track bike like the r1/r6??)

There is alot of power to be "unlocked" outta the CP3 motor- just waiting for the aftermarket to catch up- already the CP3 motor is used as the offical engine of a few motorsport series...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Just get a proper dirt bike to scratch the off road itch, everything else will fall short. No regrets buying a 501 it is an awesome compliment to the fj, takes me all the places the yammie cannot. And it can still chug some street miles to boot.
Oh yea, I remember you having an obnoxious ordeal acquiring your 501 from Reno Powersports (Reno right?). The second 501 behaving properly I take it?
Carson city motorsports, the 2019 replacement is great. Wild ride with a happy ending.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Premium Member
That 501 looks like a beast. Something like that may be the way to go. I love the engine in the FJ. Just the right amount of power for me. Augment is a good word. The Multistrada started thoughts of riding again about 10 years ago. My buddy had an 800 Supersport. The suspension was incredible.

• Premium Member
I've always been drawn to the Multistrada 1200... still love my '15 FJ and have no plans of getting rid of it.
The Multistrada is hugely appealing...and then I think about the maintenance story, and that puts a damper on my lust. 

Have ridden the Multistrada and while it is a really good bike I certainly did not think it worth the price of admission. Reliability is nowhere near the Japanese bikes.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member
Have ridden the Multistrada and while it is a really good bike I certainly did not think it worth the price of admission. Reliability is nowhere near the Japanese bikes.

Ducati never has done anything for me. Now, some of the bikes from Moto Guzzi, Mikey likey.

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
The Multistrada is hugely appealing...and then I think about the maintenance story, and that puts a damper on my lust. 

I feel the same way about Ducati, Aprilia and MV Agusta, BEAUTIFUL bikes... BUT... Ive heard too many parts availability and reliability stories from actual owners, not just internet rumors. 

I wish the Italians designed them and the Japanese built them.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I love the air cooled multis from about 10 years ago. The maintenance is scary. A lot of guys on the multi forum don't think it's a big deal. I see some for sale that have had a lot of work done. I'd like to have one but...
I'm saving for the next bike. No idea what it will be. The fj is staying.
I joke about the multi being a garage queen. Red, trellis frame, exhaust coming out the back from under the seat and the single sided swingarm.

I was a serial bike changer until I got my 2015 Tracer, never owned a bike this long before (18 months)...

My head gets turned sometimes by Multistradas, S1000XRs and MT-10s but I can't justify how much it would cost me to change...

In terms of value, there's no better bike out there...

Koth. I've ridden the speed triple. A great bike. Engine seems a tad smoother and altogether it's a bit more refined. However it's a bit more of a one trick pony. I do find the fj a lot more versatile, and the engine more exciting. A few years ago I really wanted the multistrada, but out of my price range. Think Yamaha did a great job for me, building a version that I find just as exciting, but without the cost and maintenance worry. Aprilia Mille was a brilliant bike, 7 years of hard riding, didn't miss a beat. Italian bikes are not all made from the same mould. 

Archived