Last ride to the Oregon Coast: Dec 31, 2018

keithu

Most weather reports call for periods of clouds and periods of sun (Actual sun-hope so!) today, the 31st, on the Oregon coast. It sounds like a good day to ride to Oceanside. Likely this will only be a few of us, but I look forward to the ride and to joining you guys for lunch.

Hey Keith, thanks for organizing this ride for the third year. Oceanside is another of the wonderful little towns along the OR coast that should be visited often. And Joe, it was good to meet you.-We are close by (Beaverton/Vancouver) and should get together for more riding, and in the coming crap weather for some fun bench racing and adventure sharing. Have you heard about the new Two-stroke Coffee house on Lombard in Portland? 

And Keith, I'll stay in touch in regard to riding down to Monterey for the WSB round at Laguna Seca in July... I hope you can take a little longer as there is a great intermediate stop just south of Eureka with a good motel right across a parking lot from a great brew pub-restaurant.

I hope more of you guys come next year, a little chilly weather should not be a hold up for hardy NW riders! 

We had a great time. Our crowd of three die hard riders showed up having come different ways to get here, and when we arrived it was clear, sunny, and maybe a bit chilly. We had a good lunch at a very friendly local restaurant with a good view of the ocean, and shared adventures and farkles (The spelling is still in dispute) and mused about how these odd two wheeled machines have a way of bringing interesting people together and enhancing our lives.

Going on a ride that takes one to a beautiful place to meet up with good friends is always a good idea.

Archived