Could this possibly be the best-farkled Tracer around.

Update: my offer to pay the full asking price if the seller pays the $580 freight cost to me has been firmly rejected, so I shall not be proceeding with this.   'For want of a nail' and all that...

On mature consideration, I am not at all overcome with grief.   True - the bike was very well-farkled, but I think now that I was probably seduced by that extensive list of farkles, some very expensive.   There were only three or four of these add-ons that I routinely fit to any new bike I acquire as soon as possible after taking ownership - these are Grip Puppies: a better horn: and some type of front LEDs for added conspicuity.   I later included rear flashing/ pulsing lights a la Skene products.   I'm not saying that some of the add-ons wouldn't have been useful - the cruise-control maybe - but most other items I'd never consider adding.   Not that I couldn't have afforded them, I just didn't want to afford them!  However, some buyer is going to be pretty happy!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

33 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

Update: my offer to pay the full asking price if the seller pays the $580 freight cost to me has been firmly rejected, so I shall not be proceeding with this.   'For want of a nail' and all that...

Full asking price minus shipping... hahaha... good luck with the sell buddy. Sad that you wont be riding with us again.

So what changed? Last I heard you were hanging up the helmet.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

There's a 2015 Tracer that has been advertised for quite some time - brand new, zero km and 'never off the showroom floor' according to the dealer's ad.   Asking $12,490 - and of course, totally unfarkled... and in fact it may not even be registered.   It's the early Lava Red option, which I much preferred to the Matte Grey versions that I bought, the Lava Reds then being all sold.   

Bad news is that it's 1848km away from me in the remote outback town of Mt Isa.   I imagine that trail and dirt bikes are all the go up there, plus quads, much less so road-bikes of any description.

I have put in an offer.... but it would have to be trucked down to me. 

(Later afterthought) - this MT-01 1670cc beast was my third Yamaha motorcycle, way back... with a different colour tank.   Contrasting with the Tracer, the seat on this was superbly comfortable - so Yamaha can do it!

1.jpg?width=640&height=480&mode=max&upscale=false%27

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, nhchris said:

Hummmm. 
My question is... at what point do you just say "screw it" and decide to buy a different motorcycle?!

cb

I agree. I think the bike is great but I am a little disappointed with the suspension, but I can live with that upgrade. I've seen a lot of bikes here and on other forums where people end up spending crazy $ when they should have just bought a more expensive bike that does what they want.

I also wonder about people's riding skills. It sounds like a lot of people feel they ride at close to pro calibre but then in the real world I rarely see other riders pushing their bike anywhere near the edge. Me, I'm a decent rider and this bike is giving me plenty. The suspension is a little harsh and I need to sort that out (maybe spend a little).

Archived