enlarge tool tray

magpie

I was thinking the same thing. They put a nice storage bin in place, yet closed off the access to it. The dremel is coming out tomorrow, the new Blue Sea power distribution box will fit perfectly in there.
dremel is overkill - the plastic is very soft - easier than cutting a PET pop/soda bottle 
Yep. I put a new blade in the utility knife and was done in about one minute. Power box is installed.
Keep Asheville weird!

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
I was thinking the same thing. They put a nice storage bin in place, yet closed off the access to it. The dremel is coming out tomorrow, the new Blue Sea power distribution box will fit perfectly in there.
dremel is overkill - the plastic is very soft - easier than cutting a PET pop/soda bottle 
I just used a sharp knife and the plastic cut quite easily.  I put my travel tool kit and a tire patch kit (including the Aerostich mini-compressor  http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-mini-compressor.html) into the space.  Don't think I can fit anymore there, but who knows... 

• 6 months later...
This was done on my bike before I bought it. Just 1 thing to watch out for tho. Had the bike in the bed of the truck, tied down for a 12-hour ride from Louisiana to Deals Gap. He put a tire repair kit that came in a heavy nylon bag into that area. He also had only 2,348 miles on the bike after 3 years of ownership so not much of a chance of it blowing off. The pillion seat flew off. I went back over the route, 30 miles, and couldn't find it. Seems the bag pushed on the release cable that runs right on top of the rear of the bag. Probably won't happen if riding the bike since you are almost pushing down on the seat but be careful if it is trailered. The seat is 107 dollars and change plus tax at the local Yamaha Dealer. Be careful, just sayin'   embarrassed.png

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

That's great, thanks for the link. I was leaving the next day to NC and it was a Saturday. Limited ways to get it right then. Found one 1 1/2 hours away and was happy to find it. That Saturday turned out to be a comedy of errors. Oil leaking from oil filter after oil change, seat flew off, joe's battery died, and on and on. When I hurt my leg on the tailgate of the truck, about the 7th thing that happened that day. We decided not to go to NC and fight Florance this year after fighting Irma last year and losing 2 days of the week riding. We rode to Arkansas, 1 hour to the Arkansas line for me, we rode 5 days there, Push Mountain, Little Dragon, Mt Nebo, Petit Jean Park, Eureka Springs, Mountain Home, Mountain View, Clinton, etc. 1500 miles, good times. Yes, that's Joe's VMax. He's on radials instead of Bias Plys that came on it. Joe says it holds the road like walking thru spilled soda. The only downer was the fresh Chip-Seal. Chip seal is fresh tar then a layer of fresh chipped grey rock. I understand this is the last of the summer when the road is still hot enough to put down tar and rock and it mashes together but bad timing on our part.  Still a lot of fun and no tar on the bike. Oh Yeah, no hurricane either! I now carry the tire kit in the saddle bag. 

IMG_6054.jpg IMG_6055.jpg IMG_6061.jpg IMG_6075.jpg IMG_6076.jpg
  • Sad 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...