Insurance?...

I have allstate and paid just under 1500. I was just quoted for half of that by dairyland. Wish i knew about that company before I went with allstate.

Unless you paid in full there's nothing stopping you from switching over man. Ride out what you have paid for then when the next bill is due make the switch.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I have allstate and paid just under 1500. I was just quoted for half of that by dairyland. Wish i knew about that company before I went with allstate.

Unless you paid in full there's nothing stopping you from switching over man. Ride out what you have paid for then when the next bill is due make the switch.

Even if you paid full, they'll refund the difference in a check if you cancel the policy.

But anyone comparing rates should do like db5304 and list coverage. 15/30 liability is going to be a lot cheaper than 150/300.

One thing about Allstate: they give an AMA discount that, for me, is cheaper than my annual AMA membership (which I have for lobbying and roadside assistance anyway).

Just another data point. I've had State Farm for years and it looks like they're trying to cater to motorcyclist:
-46yrs old, clean record
- $250/500k coverage (it had to match my cars because of some umbrella policy crud. I have teenagers driving!)
- $500 deductible
-$50/mo

State Farm rates drop a good bit w/ multiple vehicle discounts.

Friggin' $500/mo insurance bill for 4 cars, 1 motorcycle, 1 house :-/

Insurance companies are always rip offs. I just canceled my progressive policy for my HD I sold and they charged me a "cancellation" fee which they never told me about when signed up.

In any case for the FJ I spent like 3 days calling around trying to find any reasonable quotes. Allstate/Esurance wanted 1800, Progressive and Geico came in at 1400. Finally State Farm was the cheapest I could find at a hair over 1000/yr. I'm 31 super clean record, riding bikes for almost 10 years. Its really sickening.

Not sure if other State Farm customers had this experience.. But they didn't even have a 2015 FJ-09 on-file! Said something about underwriters not having gotten to it yet?
I told them CCs, # of gears in trans, and specified that it had traction control & ABS.... And that it was a TOURER ;-)

Not sure if other State Farm customers had this experience.. But they didn't even have a 2015 FJ-09 on-file! Said something about underwriters not having gotten to it yet? I told them CCs, # of gears in trans, and specified that it had traction control & ABS.... And that it was a TOURER ;-)
Same here.  My agent just put in the VIN, CCs and manually entered the model number.  State Farm only rates on engine size anyway. 
Full coverage $100k/$300k, $500 deducticble, $31/month.

I'm 48, no tickets or accidents.

I entered FJ-09 my first go around with Geico online for an estimate before purchase and came back with $625.00/year, full coverage, 100/300K, $500 deduct with roadside. No tickets, multi bike and car discounts applied, M1 (CA motorcycle license) for over 10 years with no claims. Then I called and told the agent 2015 847cc Yamaha, she asked for the model of course. Ended up being $352.00/year for same coverage. So I'm thinking the 847cc must be manually overridden in their system to come out reasonable. Less then $30.00/month. I'm happy.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

I entered FJ-09 my first go around with Geico online for an estimate before purchase and came back with $625.00/year, full coverage, 100/300K, $500 deduct with roadside. No tickets, multi bike and car discounts applied, M1 (CA motorcycle license) for over 10 years with no claims. Then I called and told the agent 2015 847cc Yamaha, she asked for the model of course. Ended up being $352.00/year for same coverage. So I'm thinking the 847cc must be manually overridden in their system to come out reasonable. Less then $30.00/month. I'm happy.

Mine is the same through State Farm. The Zx6r is on two dollars more a month.

Not sure if other State Farm customers had this experience.. But they didn't even have a 2015 FJ-09 on-file! Said something about underwriters not having gotten to it yet? I told them CCs, # of gears in trans, and specified that it had traction control & ABS.... And that it was a TOURER ;-)
Same here.  My agent just put in the VIN, CCs and manually entered the model number.  State Farm only rates on engine size anyway. 
Full coverage $100k/$300k, $500 deducticble, $31/month.

I'm 48, no tickets or accidents.

That can't be the only thing they rate the bike on. My HD was 1450cc and I was only paying like 350/yr on it.

That can't be the only thing they rate the bike on. My HD was 1450cc and I was only paying like 350/yr on it.
I'm sure the year of the bike, you're age/driving record, and regional differences have an effect, but as far as I've been told by my agent, they rate strictly on displacement.  My '06 'Busa was less than the FJ at 1300cc, but it was also a 9 year old bike. 

• Premium Member
paid in full :( 

As already mentioned, it doesn't matter. Simply acquire insurance from another carrier and then cancel your previous policy. The unused amount will be refunded with a check in a couple of weeks. 
Mine is 100K/300K full coverage for $332/yr. 52 yr old fart with NC Farm Bureau (2 cars, 2 bikes and home with them)
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
State Farm quote me $746 per year, but I am not carrying base levels of coverage (100k/300k + 300k uninsured motorist) and my record is not spotless (2 speeding tickets). I also live in Northern California, so I am sure I am paying a regional gouge. They have been insuring me since 1995 (never made a claim, so can't comment on that).
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
No joke: my Allstate policy specifically excludes any sexually transmitted disease from the bodily injury insurance. What did someone do with a motorcycle and claim for Allstate to have to make that exclusion?

Archived