The "Hayabusa" is entering retirement

norcal616

Just scrolling the news and found out Suzuki is ending production of the Legendary " Hayabusa" after 20yrs... I will admit im only near my mid 30's and I can still recall when it was unveiled to the world... Only a slim few bikes have shared the top step with the "Busa" over the years in regards to flat out "production" speed... And to me its one of them bikes who spoke across many many circles in the motorcycle world from speed demons, artist,etc...

Dec 31 2018 is the last day for Euro-3 regs and cannot be sold in EU after that so, all inventory is being sent to US market... on another note Suzuki reapplied to keep the " Hayabusa" name- so me thinks Suzuki got a little something something in the works in to be Euro-4 plus compliant like a "forced-induction" engine found in a green monster known as the "H2"... 

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

Hayabusa = Honda SuperBlackbird slayer... 

I really do wanna see Suzuki come out with a re-vamped Hayabusa even if its 10yrs from now... A few small things are irking me but will the "traditional" proven busa body style stay or go turn into a transformer?? 

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
On 12/12/2018 at 7:13 AM, norcal616 said:

A few small things are irking me but will the "traditional" proven busa body style stay or go turn into a transformer?? 

While I hope it doesn’t turn into a transformer, I hope they re-style it, I have always thought the Hayabusa was one of the ugliest bikes made, especially the back half. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived