How to post pics and do stuff on the forum

Cruizin

You can now also show which bike model you have! (see my bike listed under my profile pic, ha ha) 

Again, just go to your profile, click on "edit profile" go down to "Bike" and enter your year and model bike! 

Now, when we are talking about parts, bikes and stuff for sale, we can see where and what we are talking about! 

Always improving, this forum is rockin! 

How come when i'm logged in it wont let me start a new topic under parts for sale. It won't let me open it? It's like the whole classified section is highlighted and i can open it.  I'm trying to sell something. Help.

1 hour ago, xsquid said:

How come when i'm logged in it wont let me start a new topic under parts for sale. It won't let me open it? It's like the whole classified section is highlighted and i can open it.  I'm trying to sell something. Help.

Its because you do not yet have 25 posts. This is due to two reasons. 

1. Its a good anti spam measure. 

2. To protect the members from scams. 

Not by any means accusing you of being a spammer or scammer, it's just a good general practice for those who run forums and want to keep a good forum alive and happy. 

Feel free to keep posting, we have boards and topics for damn near any subject that you can think of. 

Also, be sure to put your pin on our member map, and go into your profile and enter location and bike model.  

• Thumbsup 2

21 minutes ago, leonardlloyd said:

How do I unsubscribe? I traded in my FJ-09.

leonard lloyd

Click on your user name in top right corner. Click account settings, then notification settings and untick any options you don’t want.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@Cruizin

A topic we have discussed before.

I take all pictures with my phone. It used to be a Samsung s5. I could resize pictures in the phone and post here, it was a "pita" but workable. 

Now I have a Samsung s10+ I can't get it to take or resize a picture to fit on the website. 

I have pictures that I think members would enjoy.

Are there any work arounds you can suggest?

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

9 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

@Cruizin

A topic we have discussed before.

I take all pictures with my phone. It used to be a Samsung s5. I could resize pictures in the phone and post here, it was a "pita" but workable. 

Now I have a Samsung s10+ I can't get it to take or resize a picture to fit on the website. 

I have pictures that I think members would enjoy.

Are there any work arounds you can suggest?

Try posting a pic below let's see what happens.

• Premium Member

Ok. What changed? That is a 2.13mb picture. 😮

Every other time I've tried the site has told me that the file was to big.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

Ok. What changed? That is a 2.13mb picture. 😮

Every other time I've tried the site has told me that the file was to big.

I usually get the same error message as well.  I have to lower the quality of the photo in the phone or send it to my PC where I resize it in Windows before posting it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, betoney said:

I usually get the same error message as well.  I have to lower the quality of the photo in the phone or send it to my PC where I resize it in Windows before posting it.

I just enlarged the total per post image size limits for free members.   

If it blocks you again, then you have filled your total pic hosting limits and you can go delete some old images. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I just enlarged the total per post image size limits for free members.   

If it blocks you again, then you have filled your total pic hosting limits and you can go delete some old images. 

If I am a pay member there are no limits on file size? (within reason, of course)

1 hour ago, fddriver2 said:

If I am a pay member there are no limits on file size? (within reason, of course)

PRemium memebrs get unlimited overall storage. I don't remember what the total limit is but yes, regular members are limited to how many pics they can have hosted on the forum.

Bike owners post a ton of pics, and now these camera uploads are 8-12 MB each. When you consider that we have thousands of memebrs, you can imagine the expensive hosting bill that I am trying to avoid having each month. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 12/21/2018 at 12:17 AM, wordsmith said:

I seem to have difficulty getting digital pix to be added to my posts (some, not all).   Camera is  a Panasonic DMC-SZ1.   Even if I heavily crop a pic it is often knocked back.   I seem to recall - though maybe wrongly, for I am in a cuppla other Forums - that previously we could 'shrink' a pic that was to be posted.

It's probably me, but can someone help with this problem?   As it is said - no pic means it didn't happen!

Thanks...

Yep, I'm having trouble posting a "profile" pic. Seems all of my pics are 1+ mb, and the limit is .49 mb. The question remains "How do we shrink the photo to fit the .49 mb limit?"