Hi from GA (metro Atlanta)

3sum

• Premium Member

Just joined up to gleam information over the winter. I have a couple Triumph triples (Sprint 1050 and Tiger 1050) that are going on the block to help facilitate a Tracer GT or FJ purchase. Instead of growing the herd, I’m going to thin it to one. I just haven’t had the time to ride line I want so I (begrudgingly) told the wife I was going to go down to one bike for a few years. She was happy until I told her I was selling both to buy a different one!

if anyone finds themselves in metro Atlanta and has a breakdown or needs a quick fix, I have a trailer, tools, and a cool garage to work in. 

I’ll toss in a picture of the Sprint for the hell of it.

AA5822A7-FAA5-4A2C-9E61-2A255BCD4F05.jpeg

Not too far away at all! I don't get to joy ride much, I mainly commute on the FJ, but always looking for people to ride with.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Well, I’ve sold both the Sprint and Tiger in the last week. It’s time to go find the unicorn called the Tracer GT! There’s a dealer an hour south of me (Macon, GA) that has one advertised for $11,295 but doesn’t have one in stock. I was told to give him a $500 deposit and he’d have one there in about a week. 

How does that price compare with what others paid?

I hope to contribute to the group once I find one!!

Chris

Nothing wrong with the original FJ-09s- most are already kinda "sorted out" such as suspension, seat, etc... You will find it's cheaper to buy a FJ and build it into your "GT" rather than buying a new GT and building it into your GT... More aftermarket for FJ-09 since the GT is new... Only 2 things you will miss out on that are not worth the price differences such as a slightly (1 inch?)longer swingarm and a fancy color dash display... 

But hey it's your $ and time....

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member

That seems like a good price I paid $200.00 under full retail back in July. Go take one for a test ride, overall I'm happy with mine. Happy hunting!

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

Go take one for a test ride, 

If I could find a dealer with one that would allow test rides, I most certainly would. The only dealer that I visited with one on the floor was adamant about not allowing test rides. 

I don’t know where I’ll buy one, but I know where I won’t!

I bought my FJ from Freedom Powersports in McDonough... they let me test ride it before buying. Have you tried there?

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member

I was just in Freedom last weekend and they don’t have one. The sales lady asked another female (sales mgr perhaps) and she said “we can get you one!” like they all do. I’m pretty sold on the bike already but I would really like to test one out first. It doesn’t look like that will happen, though. 

The dealer that was so adamant about no test rides was Mountain Motorsports in Lithuania Springs. 

What are you currently riding?  Maybe we could meet up for a ride and swap bikes for a few minutes... mine isn't a GT but I figure it would give you a decent idea as to what the GT will feel like.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
On 1/26/2019 at 12:16 PM, Chris Pope said:

It’s time to go find the unicorn called the Tracer GT! There’s a dealer an hour south of me (Macon, GA) that has one advertised for $11,295 but doesn’t have one in stock. I was told to give him a $500 deposit and he’d have one there in about a week. 

How does that price compare with what others paid?

That is a really good price on the GT, MSRP is $12,999. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Wow, what an awesome offer. As of yesterday, I'm bikeless. I sold my Sprint last Sunday and the Tiger yesterday. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, betoney said:

That is a really good price on the GT, MSRP is $12,999. 

I’m hoping I can get them to throw in the touring windshield with the price but they probably won’t. 

Archived