FJ-09 Control Levers

I'm used to more precision in my brake application and do not like working my way through the slack to get to the brakes.

A few options:
Spend the big bucks for levers that adjust reach and slack
Drill lever and install adjustment screw
Put spacer in between lever and piston rod

Currently waiting on another thread regarding ASV's lever slack. Great levers!

Owners manual on pg 7-21 states "There should be no free play at the levers end"
Have to stop by the dealer next week and correct them.
Cut a piece of fuel hose and slipped over the switch tab on the lever = no free play

I've been trying to work with the vendor of these on the brake lever.  My brake lever when installed keeps the brake engaged to the point where it's noticeable when you are coasting in neutral.  I had to put the stock lever back in the interim and couldn't find any issues with my installation.  Has anyone else had the same issue?

I've been trying to work with the vendor of these on the brake lever.  My brake lever when installed keeps the brake engaged to the point where it's noticeable when you are coasting in neutral.  I had to put the stock lever back in the interim and couldn't find any issues with my installation.  Has anyone else had the same issue?

I'll use chinese copies for foot pegs. Not brake components. Fit & finish usually leaves much to be desired.

You can always fire up the bench grinder but then say good bye to the anodized finish.

Sad to hear you got bit.

The foot pegs I got took some fiddling too.But I was expecting it.

At least I can say I got a good clutch lever for 30 bucks.  I'm actually pretty happy with the quality of these.  I was expecting a lot worse to be honest.  And for some reason my clutch one doesn't interfere with the module like it does for other people.  Maybe I ordered the wrong parts all together.  haha.

At least I can say I got a good clutch lever for 30 bucks.  I'm actually pretty happy with the quality of these.  I was expecting a lot worse to be honest.  And for some reason my clutch one doesn't interfere with the module like it does for other people.  Maybe I ordered the wrong parts all together.  haha.
Post your part numbers! I want to order the wrong thing too! :P 

Guest bmidd
If you want to save a few bucks and get the brand name levers used, shop for 2nd Gen FZ1 levers (2006-Present) they are the same as our bike. Same goes for 04-10 FZ6. Many other Yamaha's use the same clutch, check the part numbers you search for. Brakes can be different due to M/C's.

Post your part numbers! I want to order the wrong thing too! :P 
lol according to what i ordered it was the same thing as everyone else.  but for some reason instead of having issues with clutch fitment i have problems with brake fitment.

Archived