• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Madstad windshield

stgolfer

21 hours ago, Soullancer said:

Can you also fit other windscreens on the madstad system? Or are the holes so completely different that you can't drill them in other screens

holes are different. You can drill other screens to it.

Is anyone willing to put the original screen over the madstad in a picture to show the difference of the fitting holes 😳

I'm impressed by the customisation capability of the madstad frame, but I don't like the look of the screen

Edited by Soullancer

On 2/13/2020 at 11:43 AM, quaxum said:

see the first page of this thread.

Yeah I saw the small original screen with two extra drilled holes above the original top 2. Looks like the 2 extra holes were only made for the height emplacement... But I had the idea the screen could be fitted as well without drilling the 2 additional holes.

No idea if the original holes are placed at the same distance horizontal and vertical as the madstad screen.

Got my Madstad 22" clear mounted yesterday, and the phone mount set up. Went on a 40 mile test ride and love it! I could see the 24" being a little better, but I am 5'10", and the 22" put the wind right at the top of my helmet....very smooth, quiet air now. I found the noise & turbulence of the stock shield to be rather annoying at times. 

Edited by denveryzf
  • Thumbsup 1

I’m 6’-1” with a 34” inseam.   The stock shield put the air directly into my visor, so I preferred to ride my 2019 Tracer 900 GT with no shield at all over the stock shield.

But wanting some protection on cool mornings I ordered a Madstad shield.  Their default size for my height was 24”, but using their suggested measuring method I came up with 22”.  I ordered a 22” shield through Amazon for the free shipping.  Mounted the screen and it was a little too short.  It put the wind at the top of the helmet.  So I used their exchange system which went quite smoothly and got the 24”.  

With the 24” I couldn’t be happier.  I can easily see over it and talk on the phone via Cardo at 70 mph, with the helmet visor open, without difficulty.  I do have it at the steepest angle and highest setting, so a 26” would also have worked.

Now enjoying a nice quiet ride.  Very happy with my purchase.

15D98A6B-7F25-4018-810D-E24953A439D8.jpeg

Again.. anyone willing to hold their original screen over the madstad one to see how much the fixing holes position differ in wide and height?

Madstad says fitting other screens isn't possible, but I see someone did in the first page, only picture isn't very good from the side. I like the madstad system but not their screen, as the way it looks ☹️

Here you go. The holes don't line up, but it wouldn't be hard to mark and drill new holes.20200303_160652.thumb.jpg.cf22d2dfc26020d779a6120971fb4541.jpg

20200303_160638.thumb.jpg.3247b81c141e6a16973b0312e92c12e7.jpg

On my way in to work this morning, I had the screen in the 60* and all the way down position. I chose the 24" screen BTW. The wind noise was reduced to almost nothing. On the way home, I moved the screen up about 1.5" and it was even better. So quiet that I noticed my helmet whistles ever so slightly. I've had this helmet for 4 years and haven't heard that before! Bottom line is the Madstad lives up to all the hype. 

• Thumbsup 4