• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

rubber-topped front footpegs for MT-09 Tracer/ FJ-09

3 hours ago, wordsmith said:

I do hope that this response doesn't imply that I was peeved at your having pointed out the longer pin issue, tktpplz, for although I had certainly noticed it I wasn't overly concerned until your comment opened my eyes, as they say!   I'm grateful for your observation!   If I may - does tktplz suggest 'tickets please'?   If not , it's my warped soh at play!   If so...???

Tktplz is short for Ticket Please. When I first rode the Yamaha VMax I was like a little kid at the carnival saying ticket please, ticket please because I wanted to ride the ride again, and again and again......

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

33 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Tktplz is short for Ticket Please. When I first rode the Yamaha VMax I was like a little kid at the carnival saying ticket please, ticket please because I wanted to ride the ride again, and again and again......

I don't blame you!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 3 weeks later...

ACHTUNG!!!   Sitting in my garage and idly looking the the bike while planning the day's activities, I noticed that the left-hand side pillion foot-peg looked a bit 'wonky'.   I touched it - and it fell off!!!☹️   The peg, ball-bearing and indent plate and spring, were all there, but the clevis pin was not - obviously it had fallen off during a recent ride.   Happily, I never carry a pillion - but it brought to mind my concern about using circlips (actually e-clips) rather than split-pins when securing new rider foot-pegs a couple of weeks ago (this Thread covers it).   It could have been oh so dangerous!   I've ordered a new clevis pin + split-pin to be put on at the upcoming 1000km service, at a piratical cost of cost of $15.47, but I'm mighty glad I spotted it when I did.  I immediately walked round the bike checking the other foot-pegs, all secured with split-pins through the clevis - all seem secure!

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

2 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

I have these. They’re wide, comfortable, and secure. They look good on the bike too. 

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-trail-footpegs

They would need to be 'wide, comfortable, and secure' at a likely cost to me of at least AUD$200 incl shipping and the necessary mounts!   Thanks anyway - but I'm out of the foot-peg buying race for now!

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little late to this post but i just wanted to mention that I bought my FJ used with the eBay pegs already mounted. I have put 5000 miles on the bike and the rubber is tearing on the left peg. i am already missing a large piece of the lateral raised strip of rubber. I'm OK with this seeing as the pegs are inexpensive but I thought I'd let everyone know. This might be because I mount and dismount the bike from the peg, not the ground. Not as flexible as I used to be.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just tried to buy this an Amazon no longer deliver to AU

We are currently unable to ship items sold by third parties to Australian shipping addresses.

Please check to see whether Amazon sells the item you would like to purchase or choose a shipping address that is not in Australia to proceed. Some restrictions may still apply depending on the item. 

2 minutes ago, jdavis said:

@Eduardo, I have these and they have held up well.

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM.AU

For Yamaha BT1100 Bulldog 2002-2006. For Yamaha FJR1300 2001-2015. For Yamaha FJ1200 1986-1993. Front Right & Left...

@jdavis do they fit for both pilot and passenger?

Have you seen any passenger footpeg lowering for the Tracer?

Tks

• Premium Member

They can be had as covered in a couple of other threads on eBay for less than $10 for example anything that fits in FZ6 we'll fit at least up through the 17 FJ 09 I believe

Do a search them and side stand foot expanders ra dime a dozen