rubber-topped front footpegs for MT-09 Tracer/ FJ-09

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, piotrek said:

I think I will be getting something more gooder.

peg1.thumb.JPG.05dc614b31fb794954382299506b30b7.JPG

Surely you means more betterer...😉

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have OEM Pegs from the Niken. Cost an arm and a leg as they were genuine OEM but they fit and work perfectly. Much more comfortable than the ridiculously narrow and short stock items. A bit wider/longer than stock so do notice touching them with my calves when I have my feet down but no great drama once you're used to it and adjust accordingly.

Niken Pegs Reduced.jpg

On 5/31/2019 at 6:56 PM, HunterSon said:

If you fancy the Super Tenere foot pegs the SCR-950 adventure pegs are a direct FJ-09 bolt on replacement.  No modification needed.

Part number BL3-F14D0-V0

I went with the Super Tenere pegs (and blinkers) and couldn't be happier.  I'll probably add a cheaper option for the passenger pegs which don't get used as often.

bike II.png

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a little leary of cheap imitation pegs as I often stand up to stretch my legs on long trips. Having a peg break at 80 mph could ruin a trip. Thinking of ordering OEM FJR pegs

• 3 months later...

Greetings all.

Proud new owner of a Tracer GT and making my first post.

Based on this thread I bought some rubber topped pegs from 'motor fanzone' on Ebay described as

Front Footrest Foot pegs For Yamaha FJR1300 FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R FZ400 xjr1200 XJ6

Just wanted to let you all know that they were about 2mm too wide to fit in the brackets. So I carefully filed them down to be a neat fit. Still plenty wide enough to have the necessary strength. Also the stoppers when the peg is folded down didn't quite keep them up to horizontal so I inserted a small piece of aluminium to lift them slightly. See the pic.

IMG_0392 (Large).jpeg

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, mingo said:

when you stand on the pegs, does the rubber compress so the aluminum cleats dig into your soles to prevent boot slippage? 

I have these pegs and the rubber is soft enough to compress under your weight while standing.

1rc-274m0-00-00-adventure-foot-pegs-mt-s

Adventure-type wider foot pegs make your ride more comfortable on...

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, mingo said:

when you stand on the pegs, does the rubber compress so the aluminum cleats dig into your soles to prevent boot slippage? 

Yes. The rubber is removable/replaceable if you want to ride without it. 

• Thanks 1

Let’s go Brandon

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2019 at 7:56 PM, HunterSon said:

If you fancy the Super Tenere foot pegs the SCR-950 adventure pegs are a direct FJ-09 bolt on replacement.  No modification needed.

Part number BL3-F14D0-V0

I did this mod over winter...had the bike out for a scoot last sunday. No issues. Straight swap. Nothing bad to say about them. Need more seat time to give a proper "review", but so far so good.

• Thumbsup 2
Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm following this thread & wanting to do the same rubber peg mod with my 2019 Tracer900GT. Wondering if anyone who has a 2019 knows if these Amazon sourced pegs will also work on the 2019?