rubber-topped front footpegs for MT-09 Tracer/ FJ-09

On 9/11/2019 at 9:48 AM, roadwarrior said:

I went with the Super Tenere pegs (and blinkers) and couldn't be happier.  I'll probably add a cheaper option for the passenger pegs which don't get used as often.

bike II.png

I want to ditch my pumpkins for something better. You say these blinkers are Tenere's. US models? And were these plug & play or did you need a different relay to get them to work properly? Do your rubber Tenere pegs do a decent job of reducing vibration? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 1:40 PM, tadv said:

I want to ditch my pumpkins for something better. You say these blinkers are Tenere's. US models? And were these plug & play or did you need a different relay to get them to work properly? Do your rubber Tenere pegs do a decent job of reducing vibration? Thanks!

@stevesweetz did a great write up on the Super Tenere blinker install, including links where to get the blinkers and flasher relay.

You do have to cut the Super Tenere connector.  I also cut the connector from the old pumpkins and soldered that to the Super Tenere wiring, so now it's plug and play if I ever have to take them off.

The adventure pegs are way more comfortable all the way around.

Edited by roadwarrior
  • Thumbsup 1

• 2 months later...

I just received the adventure peg kit from Yamaha Canada.

Part # BL3-F14D0-V0

This kit does not come with pivot pins.  Installation instructions reuse the stock pivot pins.  It looks like the springs that come with the kit are not quite right & may need to be modified to fit properly.

Does anyone have experience installing this kit on the 2019 Tracer GT?

Steve

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, Satsteve said:

Part # BL3-F14D0-V0

This kit does not come with pivot pins.  Installation instructions reuse the stock pivot pins.  It looks like the springs that come with the kit are not quite right & may need to be modified to fit properly.

Steve

I installed them on my '15 FJ09 though the pegs should be the same for all years.  I have had them installed for about 3 years.

I didn't modify the springs in any way (can you use the original springs?), I used a pin from another set of Yamaha pegs I had laying around, I'm not sure why I still have 4 sets of Yamaha foot pegs and hardware in my work bench...🤷‍♀️

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
On 8/21/2019 at 6:33 AM, jobby said:

same as and very happy

I got the same one of ebay. They are holding up great after 20k KM. Just FYI I weight 220lb. Top rubber helps on long rides 👍🏼

13 hours ago, Satsteve said:

Part # BL3-F14D0-V0

Steve

That's a problem, as the left side pivot pin is rivetted in place and needs to be cut off.  You'll need another pivot pin.

9 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

That's a problem, as the left side pivot pin is rivetted in place and needs to be cut off.  You'll need another pivot pin.

You're right about that!  I went down to my Yamaha dealer, but no luck.  They said nothing in stock I could use.  They ordered one, but it's back ordered, so no delivery date.

Anyway for now I pirated a pivot pin from one of my old bikes.  I'll put that on  a back peg & use the back one on the front left.  I'm waiting on passenger pegs I ordered on Amazon which I believe come with pins.  So I'll get there one way or another!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, Satsteve said:

Anyway for now I pirated a pivot pin from one of my old bikes.  I'll put that on  a back peg & use the back one on the front left.  I'm waiting on passenger pegs I ordered on Amazon which I believe come with pins.  So I'll get there one way or another!

I knew there was a reason that I hold on to 'useless' old bike parts.  I don't know how many times I have scavenged or modified something from by boxes of junk.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

TCMT Front Footrest Foot pegs Fits For Yamaha FJR1300 FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R FZ400 xjr1200 xjr1300

As many others have done, I installed these Amazon China-made cheapie FJR-style pegs the other day.  The springs that come with them are noticeably lighter gauge metal than OEM, but are otherwise shaped the same.  I kept the OEM spring on the right side, but I had a hard time with it on the left, so I used the China spring there instead.  Works fine, we'll see how it holds up.

The big bonus for me is my lugged boot soles don't snag on the pegs anymore.  The longer length and vibration reduction is welcome, too.  For $9 shipped, totally worth it.  I may even grab another pair for the day when/if the rubber tops wear down. 

Hat tip to the forum member who brought these to our attention!

Cheers.

Edited by 2WHLOZK
  • Thumbsup 2

1 hour ago, Clem Fandango said:

I just can't bring myself to potentially trust my life to a $4.50 peg from China made from melted down who-knows-what.

As opposed to Yamaha melted down who knows what ?  Had my Chinese pegs on just under 3 years and no problem. Honda quality, yes. Yamaha, mmm. Had the Tracer seat bracket break within 3 months. My Honda one has lasted 20 years. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Tripletrouble said:

Had the Tracer seat bracket break within 3 months.

Had the same happen to me sometime in 2016... when I tested my crash bars 😒. The lower seat position slot chipped right off, but the plastic tongue on the seat was intact. In retrospect... the seat would have been much more expensive to replace.

About the pegs though... the rubber on the Chinese pegs hardened after two seasons and eventually tore under my feet... not good. Still have a set of these in the rear for the pillion, but have since replaced the front with Yamaha adventure.

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Put nearly 20,000 miles on a set purchased from Amazon for around $10, no issues.  Then one day I clipped the door frame of my motorcycle storage shed going about 4 mph and one snapped clean off.  Would rather replace the peg than damage the bike, but for adventure riding or standing trail riding, I could go with something more robust like Clem Fandango said.  Perhaps, the Factory Yamaha FZ-6 ones are more trustworthy.  I have seen enough people fall off their motorcycles on YouTube and it does not look fun.