OH Nuts!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I'm in central Ohio. Hilliard specifically. I've passed another red FJ commuting into Hilliard 3 times now in the last 2 months. Are you on the forum? Would love to compare mods and impressions.

• 3 months later...
Greetings gregzbutt. Congrats on your purchase. The FJ is a fantastic bike! Probably my favorite ride in the last fifteen years and five motorcycles owned during that time. Let's plan a ride in the spring, whenever the weather finally warms up. I DIDN'T go with the heated grip option. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
That sounds real good. I'll keep an eye out here for a meet up. I did get the heated grips. Seems my hands and feet are what bugs me the most when the temps start dropping. I'm hoping to get some break-in miles this weekend. Saturday and Sunday are looking good!

Greg

I belong to a group of very experienced riders and they're having a ride-in at Marietta, OH in June. Here is a link to their Calendar:

http://sabmag.dougc.com/calendar/

This is most certainly not a group of just Sabre and Magna riders. We now have 5 FJ riders, several ST1100 and ST1300s, several Beemers, etc. The group does stress ATGATT and one of the member placed 3rd in an Iron Butt Rallye several years ago. Like I said, *very* experienced riders.

I plan to be at the Marietta thing, it would be nice to meet some of you guys there...
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

That does look like a lot of fun. I know there's some great roads in the area.
Unfortunately I'm already scheduled for a Suzuki GS rally in Indiana that weekend. The other love of my life is my 1980 Suzuki GS850G. A great group of folks in the GS community as well.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Greetings! Another new member here. Purchased a '15 a couple of weeks ago. Not red but the matte finish. The bike is currently at Ride 1 for a shifter shaft recall. Just listed my 2012 Vstrom 1000 on Craigslist. Shedding 60 pounds and gaining hp should be a hoot. I live in Saddlebrook (between Davidson and Hayden Run. Curt

Archived