• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Seat

bigal

On 12/20/2018 at 9:11 AM, coachluciano said:

Mine is on the FedEx truck as we speak. I’m like a kid waiting for Santa. Lol. Glad to hear some positive reviews. 

Had mine from Seargent for about half a year. Happy with the results. Does 1600 mile 5 day rides with ease. Has done 410 miles 1 day with no hot spots. I'm older, 60 and like the cutout in the center of the seat......yes gravity works and yes it helps. the cutout, not the gravity 😏

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine done by Seth Laam in a ride-in appointment. I rode my bike to his shop, he got very cozy with my back side, measured, and the tore into the stock saddle. A couple of hours later he had me sit on the nearly finished saddle, made some fine tuning adjustments, and I drove away a happy customer. 

Price was good - not cheap, but not RDL expensive - and the impact is fantastic. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

I have just received notice from FedEx that my new BAGSTER seat, made in France, has been shipped and eta to me here in Australia is a not-too-far-away January 18th!   My numb bum and I can hardly wait!!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On December 26th I ordered my new BAGSTER seat, made in France, from an Italian distributor, Motostorm.it.   I had a little e-mail dialogue with Motostorm prior to ordering, and their communication was always prompt and English excellent – no need for translations! 

The seat arrived today (Jan 17th) a day earlier than expected and only 22 days after ordering.   It was beautifully protected inside the strong cardboard box, with lashings of bubble-wrap and custom-moulded foam inserts lightly stapled on the seat base to protect vulnerable parts from abrading while in transit - first pic below.

I immediately put it onto the bike, simply removing the OE seats and replacing the new.   Each BAGSTER seat comes complete with a new moulded base and is an immediate fit, the only thing needing to be done is to remove and relocate the OE ‘toolkit’ screwdriver parts from the underside of the OE pillion seat.   Where one sits is a kind-of carbon-look and -feel slightly 'grippy' material on top, and the seats' sides are a smoother but non-shiny suede-like finish.   Very tasty indeed! 

The red piping and embroidered touches on the seat are a near-perfect match for the Lava Red paintwork - much closer than the pix below show - and it will definitely add a good deal to the style and appearance of the machine.   The ‘rise’ of the front of the pillion seat above the back of the rider seat is 9cm, about 2cm taller than the OE measurement there.  Sitting on the bike in the garage wearing ordinary shoes I can flat-foot comfortably, so that's not going to be an issue.

More importantly, if it’s as comfortable as the other two BAGSTER seats I’ve had earlier, it will add a great deal to my comfort while riding.   Proof of that, however, will have to wait for another day, as most of Australia is currently experiencing ‘red alert’ heatwave conditions - 47°C or 116°F in some inland towns - and I am simply not prepared to ride out until conditions improve.

I have never had any previous dealings with the vendor – Motostorm – but would unhesitatingly recommend them based on this buying experience.   Cost to me, shipped to my home was AUD$449, or EU382.   As a non-EU resident I did not have to pay VAT (sales tax) and this gave me a saving of about AUD$100 over a local purchase.   I’ll post some ride experiences when able to…

P1050067.JPG

P1050068.JPG

P1050071.JPG

P1050072.JPG

P1050073.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

19 minutes ago, racreative said:

Nice! It looks really good on your bike! I really like the attention to detail on the seat too. (Nice key chain🤣)

Key thingy is a left-over from my BMW days, in addition to a depleted bank account!   It's actually a soft-ish foam-rubber material shaped like a small cushion, and doesn't damage the area around the ign key slot.   Probably only cost me about $100!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, wordsmith said:

Key thingy is a left-over from my BMW days, in addition to a depleted bank account!   It's actually a soft-ish foam-rubber material shaped like a small cushion, and doesn't damage the area around the ign key slot.   Probably only cost me about $100!

I can relate with the depleted bank account. Just sold off all our Offroad toys due to lack of use and overall expense. I need a better key ring. I have the factory thin metal tag. It gets stuck all the time and is difficult to remove with gloves. 

On 1/16/2019 at 9:24 PM, wordsmith said:

Probably only cost me about $100!

Dang, you got yours at a discount.   🙂 

The saddle is gorgeous! The visual texture is super appealing! 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

Big Al...I found a simple trick that worked well for me. I found I was always sliding forward, so I raised the front of the seat so it was hooked into the UPPER seat height adjuster. To keep it there I added 4 sets of those felt pads you use under furniture. Was very  solid and changed the feel and function of the stock seat. Might be worth a try?

• Premium Member

my Corbin was my best investment.  The factory seat is garbage.. loose fitting mounts and terrible ergonomics.. the Corbin raised me up a little bit, but it instantly improved the motorcycle..  one piece, solid mounting and excellent quality.  Wouldn't ride the bike without it

01ec3d35089e12fc63abfc76557d0e29541ebc2da6.jpg

Archived