Yamaha FJ-09 pics from Seattle show

Great photos.  I was there today as well.  The bike seems to fit me well.  It is all down to a test ride for me now.  My dealer told me they were expecting their first 2 bikes in December, but the Yamaha reps at the show were saying late February or early March.

Funny, you caught a pic of the side of my head by the seat of the bike. 
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Guest mizzouxc
Great photos.  I was there today as well.  The bike seems to fit me well.  It is all down to a test ride for me now.  My dealer told me they were expecting their first 2 bikes in December, but the Yamaha reps at the show were saying late February or early March. 
How tall are you? I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam.  

How tall are you? I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam.
I am also 5'9" with a 32" inseam.  With the seat in the low position my heals were about 1" off the ground.  I will probably prefer the seat in the higher position with the bar forward in order to promote more of a forward lean.  BTW it doesn't look like there is much room to lower the bars in case anyone was curious, maybe 1/4" at most.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Very nice photos. Did you get to sit on the bike?
I did sit on the bike multiple times. Like everyone else on this thread, I'm short. 5'9" and a 30" inseam. The height of this bike is almost identical to the feel of my second gen Fz1. It's taller but also thinner and the pegs don't interfere with my legs when I put my feet down (the Fz1 pegs do) I was pretty worried that it'd be too tall but it's not the case for me. 

Haha. I think I saw you over there as much as I was.  

Haha. I think I saw you over there as much as I was.  
I did find myself at that spot quite a few times during the day.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Great pics. Why are the peg feelers so long? O.o
When retracting the side stand the peg feeler was catching on my shoe.  I might end up removing them.  (the peg feelers... not the shoes)
Haha yeah, i think the feelers look awkward that long. Do you guys think it has anything to do with the centre stand? To me it seems the stand wouldn't be hitting the ground. I think as long as no hard parts will touch the ground within the feeler length, i will totally remove them.

Archived