FJ09 Cruise control

Haha, I'm already bald😁😁.. On Skype sunday night aussie time with Tony he got me to make a jumper from a paperclip and bridge the Bwn/Bwn-Wht and Grn/Grn-Wht wires together to remove the computer from the loom, turned bike on, no error and started first try.

Went through the pinouts on the plug and everything matched as per manual.(this is where it got fun)  They had ran out of standard TBW computers so had sent me the CANBUS compatible one which has different pinouts, but the manuals in box and via email for the non-canbus box.  Moved the wires to 8 9 10 11 respectively and just like that it was fixed.

Just back from a short ride to test and it's perfect 😁~

**Interestingly cool addition: I have a Healtech Quickshifter fitted, in the event of using lets say 2nd gear and cruise set to 30mph (so the revs are higher than my set minimum for shifter)  shifting up without clutch kills the cruise as it's also piggybacking the tach signal.. I rolled on some throttle and shifted buttery smooth into 3rd 4th 5th etc etc

To achieve this, Instead of pulling the CYL1 lead out and piggybacking it with the yellow wires + new plug to orange wire, I backed out the corresponding black wire on the healtech side of the piggyback and rerouted that instead..

Edited by Chris_MT09

On 5/5/2019 at 11:39 AM, jimster said:

So what was the end result?????

Ya just can't leave us hanging, brother😳

Very interesting. I've had other contacts with Tony. He's a top notch guy.

• Thumbsup 1

14 hours ago, jimster said:

Very interesting. I've had other contacts with Tony. He's a top notch guy.

That he is, sunday night on skype with me.. Wouldn't get many companies offering that kind of customer service.

• Premium Member
On 5/6/2019 at 6:27 AM, Chris_MT09 said:

**Interestingly cool addition: I have a Healtech Quickshifter fitted, in the event of using lets say 2nd gear and cruise set to 30mph (so the revs are higher than my set minimum for shifter)  shifting up without clutch kills the cruise as it's also piggybacking the tach signal.. I rolled on some throttle and shifted buttery smooth into 3rd 4th 5th etc etc

Tell me you opinion on the healtech QSer?  I've been eyeing them for a while as they do not require any ECU connectivity.  I have an Ivans flashed ECU and he no allow for a QS/ECU integration.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

56 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

Tell me you opinion on the healtech QSer?  I've been eyeing them for a while as they do not require any ECU connectivity.  I have an Ivans flashed ECU and he no allow for a QS/ECU integration.

Does what it says on the tin really. It really is plug n play, bluetooth app is brilliant for setup - it even explains indepth what effect the setting has and when to change it etc etc.

The PITA fitting it is taking the bike apart, you're right down to the throttle bodies to piggyback the coils - so plastics/trim/tank/airbox all off

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Chris_MT09 said:

That he is, sunday night on skype with me.. Wouldn't get many companies offering that kind of customer service.

Well, they are 9 hours ahead of you, so it was Monday morning for them. 😁

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

2 hours ago, clint said:

Well, they are 9 hours ahead of you, so it was Monday morning for them. 😁

Sunday AM for me 😋  Nearly done though, didn't have bike for a couple days as it was off getting new tyres.

General cable routing and tying to do

DSC_0004.thumb.JPG.365f4f03aeccf04cd3917b10093a2524.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Edited by Chris_MT09

• 1 month later...

My experience with the McCruise is the same as others. A very knowledgeable buddy and I knocked it out in 2 1/2 hours . It works fantastically and for what I paid for an FJ-09 with 1,200 miles, bags, top box, Givi locking tank bag, etc., an absolute bargain!!!!!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I'm thinking of finally pulling the trigger on the MC Cruise control. The offer wiring options for either Super Tenere or FJR switch gear. Is there any particular reason why one might be better than the other. I was thinking of just ordering the S-Ten part unless the FJR switch gear is better in some way.

• Supporting Member

@keithu - When I bought the MCCruise, I also went with the Tenere switch gear.  As I was researching before purchase, I found the FJR switch gear to be more expensive and while reading through the install proceedures, it seemed like there were extra steps involved (for FJR) with their wiring harness.  I went the cheaper/simpler route.

I don't think one is better than the other, I just think that the FJR has a more involved wiring harness.

For the installation, give yourself half a day, you might be done quicker but I'm a stickler for wire management, I repeated some steps a few times to get the wire bundles routed to my liking.  Buy yourself a pack of the mini 3-4" zip-ties to keep things tidy.

• Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 5 weeks later...