False likes are fixed!

1-23-19 False likes issue is fixed. Al likes from now on are real and honest likes.  

Some of us have noticed that there are false likes being assigned to posts randomly.  Lets say that you are reading a thread, and then you noticed that you gave a post a "like" .   But, you never actually liked that post. 

I have reported this situation to the software makers, and they have never heard of this happening before. So, Iv'e started this thread for them to see examples. 

If you see a post that shows that you liked it, but you know for sure that you did not like that post, please post the URL here in this thread.  

You can get the url to a post by clicking on the share icon at the top right of a post. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member

Hey @Cruizin - It’s been happening since the cut-over to the new forum software.  On a lot of posts, if you actually look at the reactions, you’ll see they fall into two categories...  1) legit, and 2) phantoms from prior history that have dates from back in June or July.   For example, look at your post above:  There’s a like from six months  before the post was made, plus the thumbs up I just gave you.   

I don’t know the inner workings of your forum software, but I suspect there is some sort of object id mismatch where reactions from posts on the old forum are not correctly aligned with the post where they originated.    

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

There, above it now shows that @fj09newbie liked my post above. But I see that he hasn't been on the forum in five hours. He somehow liked my post 30 seconds after I typed it, without even being logged in. 

Check the date:  June 23, 2018.   That must have been originally associated with a different post on the old forum.

I’ve been noticing this.  I’m curious, but wasn’t overly concerned.  

070FC3E2-0450-47B3-B800-0D24006ABA66.thumb.png.38cf8e5f014f1550dee9946170b0772c.png

I've got a few false likes...no notification but it's showing the likes are from June 2018??

Here is the lastest one...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

This thread will help the software company diagnose the issue. 

I don't think the issue is any fault of the software, rather it lies in the conversion from the old software to this one.  It is trying to assign old likes to new posts.  Im sure a fix will be found , the software company that we use has fantastic support staff in place. 

• Premium Member

I wish I had enough value to add to this site to even muster up a phantom like. Lol. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, coachluciano said:

I wish I had enough value to add to this site to even muster up a phantom like. Lol. 

You got one!  Apparently electricpanda was anticipating your high-value post about six months ago...   :)

Archived