False likes are fixed!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
3 hours ago, gv550 said:

I seem to be getting many un-earned likes, I'm really not that popular. 

It’s like junior high school all over again!  I think this sort of awkward social anxiety is why I started riding motorcycles in the first place...   :)

Ok, whats up and what's being done about it.

I am working with this software maker's database support team now. Our own team (that's all of you knuckleheads and myself and @DionDesigns found that a well known and used by web admins database setting is not working properly due to various different reasons that are unknown. Unknown, being that neither the software company's actual development team has never seen this likes fiasco before, and neither have I , a guy who has managed Admin side of 12 different forums.  Thats whats Fu... ah I mean up. 

What's being done is at this point, I don't care why, I just want it fixed. So I have asked the software maker if they can delete the likes data/records, but see if they can keep the user like count we have all earned. Even though, the last month's numbers are inflated. 

If they for some reason I would never understand-they reply that they cannot, we would have to then surrender all of our  like's count and start over.  That would be last resort, WTF time, but I warn you of it only because I would be just as pissed as you would be.  I don't see this happening, so don't worry. Yet.. 

I've never seen this happen. This didn't happen when we converted fz07.org the exact same way.  

Sorry, and yes, I'm on this. 

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Unknown, being that neither the software company's actual development team has never seen this likes fiasco before, and neither have I , a guy who has managed Admin side of 12 different forums.

I have this effect on software everywhere I go, so I accept full responsibility.

'15 FJ09

The false likes keep advancing in dates, is it possible to let it run its course and see it all balances out?? The false likes don't show up in "notification" but only the ones that are legitimate current ones from what I noticed... 

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

9 hours ago, norcal616 said:

The false likes keep advancing in dates, is it possible to let it run its course and see it all balances out?? The false likes don't show up in "notification" but only the ones that are legitimate current ones from what I noticed... 

Well, yeah. And I guess the upside is that everyone who is actively posting will just have inflated reputation stats, lol. 

• Supporting Member

Got a bunch of false likes on my recent "New Banner" response.  They were dated July 1, 2018.   🤔

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

I just got a 'like' while typing and before the post was submitted!   New world record?

It’s already tomorrow on this side of the world, @wordsmith.   Or maybe it’s still yesterday?   I never can keep this straight...  

On 1/12/2019 at 9:21 AM, texscottyd said:

It’s already tomorrow on this side of the world, @wordsmith.   Or maybe it’s still yesterday?   I never can keep this straight...  

I'm still awaiting a 'like' from some future date!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

5 'likes' instantaneously appeared after a posting just now.   Much as my self-esteem may like it, I cannot believe there are folks out there awaiting my pearls, with fingers poised over the 'like' button!   But it's amusing rather than annoying - and not a little puzzling!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived