WARNING - fitting Givi crash bars TN2139

happyrider

• Premium Member

I recently ordered Givi crash bars for Tracer GT 2019 I am having issue with right lower bolt. As shown in pics it seems too big after full turn in. I took the crash bar off and will try later when I have more time. 

3596C44D-E24C-45E2-B108-DC9105679ED7.jpeg

8DF81548-6ACD-4B1B-8960-EE07891AFA47.jpeg

I recently installed these without any problems.  That's a first for me with Givi parts and a pleasant surprise.  Looking at Givi's so called instructions, I wonder if the bolt in your pictures is one  of the two 80mm bolts (part 5) rather than the 65mm bolt (part 4)

• Thumbsup 1

Hi

By coincidence I’ve just fitted the same crash bars with no issues. I agree the instructions aren’t great but other posts on this site helped. 

I did measure each bolt to ensure I was using the right one in each place.  The instructions give the size of each bolt and spacer. 

Looking at your picture, it could be the angle of the photo, but the bolt doesn’t look square to the hole. Could you possibly have cross threaded it?

Vic

• Thumbsup 2

Hi Vic,

Would you mind posting some pics of the Givi crash bars please? I'm trying to decide whether to go for these or sliders.

Will be organising another meet up at Old Warden soon, I'll keep you posted. (I do realise hat there are pics earlier in the thread, but as I 'know' Vic's bike it would be nice to see the crash bars on it).

Cheers

Steve

Edited by bowlin01

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, the bar is steel correct? not to heavy?

also, i see on ebay, some made in china, are those nock offs or is givi made in china, so these are same just sold by the manufacturer?

• Premium Member

I was able to install engine guard with little modification. The bolt came with the kit was little too long. Have to cut the bolt to right size, add few thread and it’s installed like breeze. 

Engine guard looks really nice on GT. Added few post install pictures. 

Yesterday I installed same engine guard on my friend’s Tracer GT that he ordered from same source as mine and it was installed right at first time (no modification needed). I assumed the one I got was not properly QC 🥴

Cheers!

60CBB318-E0AB-45A3-B21C-3798C68C3878.jpeg

BC698AFA-FDC2-4693-8AC8-43A42D9E4B5B.jpeg

27AF3417-2DAE-4053-A77A-6D6928DAF055.jpeg

• 2 years later...

Ok the install on these crash bars have been harder than I expected.  I ordered recently so I have all the right bolt lengths.  I'm stuck trying to remove the lower rear bolt pictured below.  As I turn the bolt to the left with a fair amount of torque it just spins but never comes out.  I've search the user manual to see if there is a nut on the other side i need to grab hold of but nothing?  Could I have broken the bolt?  I don't understand where there is so much force required and the bolt just keep spinning?  I think I broke something?

IMG_2430.jpg

2 minutes ago, Darren Kraker said:

Ok the install on these crash bars have been harder than I expected.  I ordered recently so I have all the right bolt lengths.  I'm stuck trying to remove the lower rear bolt pictured below.  As I turn the bolt to the left with a fair amount of torque it just spins but never comes out.  I've search the user manual to see if there is a nut on the other side i need to grab hold of but nothing?  Could I have broken the bolt?  I don't understand where there is so much force required and the bolt just keep spinning?  I think I broke something?

IMG_2430.jpg

that looks like the bolt that goes all the way through the frame. there should be a nut on the end holding that very long screw on. what I did was after getting the other bolt off, I used a long flathead and gently tapped the bolt through the frame with a mallet.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, Darren Kraker said:

IMG_2430.jpg

That bolt absolutely does go all the way through to the other side.  I had to remove it to install my crash bars. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***