Handlebar vibration

On 2/9/2019 at 12:55 PM, fr8dog said:

My hands are asleep in 15 minutes. Wouldn't have thought too much about it had I not rode my son's bike. Zero vibration through the bars. Although after 20 minutes on his my hands started to numb. Not sure what's going on. Obviously a circulation issue.

You could try changing the bar's angle or at least the angle of the clutch and break levers. Sometimes if those are set too high it can mess with your circulation giving you this kind of feeling

Edited by thepmh

• 2 weeks later...

I took the hand guards off and ordered and installed FZ09 bar ends. They are steel and very heavy and install without any modifications needed. This seems to cut down on vibrations quite a bit and costs about $30. I have OEM heated grips and I can't notice any difference in warmth without the guards. I also think the bike really looks leaner and better. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, chesterburnet said:

I took the hand guards off and ordered and installed FZ09 bar ends. They are steel and very heavy and install without any modifications needed. This seems to cut down on vibrations quite a bit and costs about $30. I have OEM heated grips and I can't notice any difference in warmth without the guards. I also think the bike really looks leaner and better. 

do you have a picture of how it looks with the bar ends? is there a weird/unnatural gap between the grip and the bar end? I was planning on taking mine off when it warmed up this spring/summer

• Thumbsup 1

On 4/1/2019 at 9:18 AM, thepmh said:

do you have a picture of how it looks with the bar ends? is there a weird/unnatural gap between the grip and the bar end? I was planning on taking mine off when it warmed up this spring/summer

IMG_21.thumb.jpg.36d6940beb2b57864f7ec7c0a794e4cd.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Removed the hand guards and installed FZ-09 bar ends. I like the look and a lot less vibes.

The dealer had one in stock and ordered one. A few days later,  on the way to work,  I rode to the dealer with one on and one missing. Took a ratchet and some loctite with me.  Lots of vibes on one side (about the same as with hand guards) and a lot less vibes on the other side.

I'm good til winter.

I've not really had any complaint with handle bar vibrations, but I did replace the hand guards and made some heavy stainless steel bar ends with a step down that keeps the transition from grip to bar end from being so extreme. 

20190504_160851.jpg

51 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

What bike are those handguards from? How are they? I have the ktm ones. Better than oem but not great.

They are hand guards for a 650 Vstrom. They aren't a direct fit , takes a little modification to make them work. 

I  like them, they fit very close to the hands and provide decent coverage and excellent clearance to the wind screen. 

Edited by new1709rider

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, new1709rider said:

They are hand guards for a 650 Vstrom. They aren't a direct fit , takes a little modification to make them work. 

I  like them, they fit very close to the hands and provide decent coverage and excellent clearance to the wind screen. 

I thought they looked familiar. @betoney uses them and talked about not being a direct fit. I see those in my future.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, just got my tracer GT, i get the vibrations only on the left hand and on the freeway while cruising . 

do most yall that get them get them in the whole handlebar?  i bougth this for long road trips i need to adress this problem.

anyhelp is appreciated

Lots of advice in previous posts here, grip puppies, bar weights, clamps on backwards, etc.

If your bike is brand new you will likely find it smooths out a bit with use. Also check drive chain tension, throttle body synchronization, and wheel balance.

All that said, it is a transverse mounted three cylinder engine and some vibration is inherent with the design, no matter what brand.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, jrubicon said:

hey guys, just got my tracer GT, i get the vibrations only on the left hand and on the freeway while cruising . 

do most yall that get them get them in the whole handlebar?  i bougth this for long road trips i need to adress this problem.

anyhelp is appreciated

Drives me bonkers. I've ridden 3 bikes since I bought mine. All three had little to no vibration. BMW 850GS, 950 Multistrada and my Yamaha dealer also carries Suzuki and test rode a Vstrom1000 on demo day.

I ended up taking the hand guards off and installing FZ-09 bar ends. Big difference. I have the KTM handguards. I missed them today. Low 40's to 60 depending on elevation here outside of Sac.

Would like to try and find some handguards that work with the bar ends.

I was riding at about 4500-5000 rpm. Seems that's where the buzz is the worst. Been riding closer to 6000 lately. Not as much buzz.

Swap the front sprocket out for a plain Jane one without the rubber noise damping thing... The vibrations mainly come from the chain/sprocket as the chain does not ride on the inner chain rollers but rather the outside links on the OEM front sprocket...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

s-l1600.jpgI am happy to report the vibration is gone!, i installed a handlebar relocation because im short.

from the location of the handlebar now, it basically broke the resonance of the vibration. thank goodness.im so much mor comftable riding now.   thanks folks https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KRgAAOSweopbufHN/s-l1600.jpg

im also blown away, lol i ordered riser this friday, i got it today tuesday, yesterday was a holiday, and this part came from turkey. I cant beleive it, i ordered stuff from tx, etc and i still dont have it. 

Edited by jrubicon