• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Handlebar vibration

• Premium Member
On 5/28/2019 at 10:34 PM, jrubicon said:

s-l1600.jpgI am happy to report the vibration is gone!, i installed a handlebar relocation because im short.

from the location of the handlebar now, it basically broke the resonance of the vibration. thank goodness.im so much mor comftable riding now.   thanks folks https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KRgAAOSweopbufHN/s-l1600.jpg

im also blown away, lol i ordered riser this friday, i got it today tuesday, yesterday was a holiday, and this part came from turkey. I cant beleive it, i ordered stuff from tx, etc and i still dont have it. 

Linky?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

I too had the dreaded 'numb hands/fingers' issue a couple of years back and tried heavier bar ends which didn't help too much if at all.  Then I added thicker padded hand grips - so called 'pussy grips' - yes insulting I know - to see if that made any difference but they didn't!

Then I came across some information about the possibility of vibration being induced from the throttle bodies being out of sync.  What's this all about I thought!?  Long story short, I invested (relatively cheaply) in a vacuum tool from Carbtune based in Ireland, went ahead and tuned/synced my carbs with it and haven't looked back.  My results showed that my carbs were slightly out of sync which I adjusted and at that stage I was sceptical that it would make any  difference but after putting everything back together ..... vibrations were gone!  So much so that I removed the heavy bar ends and put back my light bling aluminium bar ends.

I left the spongy grips on only because I was too lazy to remove them but certainly could have done so.  I have not suffered from the numb hands since... seriously.

I can provide some details of the tool and a before and after video of my pre and post carb sync if anyone's interested.

I think "Two Wheel Obsession" on You Tube had a good tutorial video on it a few years ago if you're interested in researching.

If you've tried everything else to get rid of the vibrations then this might be worth considering.

• 5 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 6:40 PM, tobz said:

I posted this mod in another thread a while ago. Now that I've been able to ride it some, I can say that any handlebar vibration has been completely eliminated.

Rox Speed FX anti vibration pivot risers, and universal 10mm stud handlebar mounts from Nekin. 

2019-03-19 20.39.24.jpg

Thank you Tobz

I want to get same setup with Rox Speed FX anti vibration pivot risers.  Can you post another pic from behind the bars.  Just want to see how exactly it looks.  What is the height on those studs from Nekin ?  

• 3 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 12:42 AM, nightrider said:

Thank you Tobz

I want to get same setup with Rox Speed FX anti vibration pivot risers.  Can you post another pic from behind the bars.  Just want to see how exactly it looks.  What is the height on those studs from Nekin ?  

Looking at the 2” elite ones of these. BUT I’m worried about cable lengths. Did / Do you have any cable length issues?

• 1 month later...

did 200km yesterday, vibration is there, ordered the Grip Puppies see if helps and next change would be rubber peg. following on the riser if just plug and play or need to adjust cable length. 

however did notice stock left mirror at speed 100-130km, its clear, however on the right mirror its blur due to vibration. came back and tighthen but seems none came loose, not sure if these are common issue or defect on the right mirror. 

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, WKE002 said:

did 200km yesterday, vibration is there, ordered the Grip Puppies see if helps and next change would be rubber peg. following on the riser if just plug and play or need to adjust cable length. 

however did notice stock left mirror at speed 100-130km, its clear, however on the right mirror its blur due to vibration. came back and tighthen but seems none came loose, not sure if these are common issue or defect on the right mirror. 

So I was reading where guys are taking measurements on the swingarm for chain alignment with a digital caliper. I did mine yesterday. I don't have the numbers, but it was off by at least a 1/16 and and an 1/8. I measured like 20 times. The hash marks seemed okay by my eyes, but obviously off.

Anyway, vibration was reduced dramatically. I had grip puppies for a few months. Didn't help. Next will be an undamped counter shaft sprocket when needed. Never ends.

• Supporting Member
44 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

So I was reading where guys are taking measurements on the swingarm for chain alignment with a digital caliper. I did mine yesterday. I don't have the numbers, but it was off by at least a 1/16 and and an 1/8. I measured like 20 times. The hash marks seemed okay by my eyes, but obviously off.

Did you change the alignment to make the caliper reading correct?

I used the Motion Pro alignment tool and then when it was tightened, I double checked with digital caliper and left and right were within 0.02 of each other.  The swingarm marks were off by one full 'tick mark' from side to side.

YES, the bike needs to be cleaned... 😲

image.thumb.png.6488cde656cae94aef61a46ea4b7cfcb.png

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Did you change the alignment to make the caliper reading correct?

I used the Motion Pro alignment tool and then when it was tightened, I double checked with digital caliper and left and right were within 0.02 of each other.  The swingarm marks were off by one full 'tick mark' from side to side.

YES, the bike needs to be cleaned... 😲

image.thumb.png.6488cde656cae94aef61a46ea4b7cfcb.png

I changed the alignment (adjusting one side) so both were close. Slack wasn't off much. After adjusting one side it was good.

• Like 1

just installed grip puppies and taken at 50km ride. definitely in my opinion vibration is reduce much lesser, while cruising can still feel the vibration but its a soft vibration. 

my concern is Tracer Gt has heated grips. anyone use heated grips switch on with Grip Puppies as dare not switch on the heated grips to try. 

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, WKE002 said:

anyone use heated grips switch on with Grip Puppies as dare not switch on the heated grips to try. 

Yes, no issues, just turn the heat setting up higher.  I ended up taking my grip puppies off, I didn't like the increased grip diameter. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***