Official All encompassing Flasher LED thread!?

open1mind

Just to be clear, what's the difference between these two (is it just the look, carbon vs plastic)? 

YME-W0789-00-00.jpg

Buy the Rear LED Turn Signals (YME-H0789-00-10) online with...

YME-W0789-20-00.jpg

Buy the Rear LED Turn Signals (YME-H0789-20-10) online with...

So if I have understood right, I'm going to need one of these for the front flashers ?

Fix your bike's hyperflash or no flash problem with an easy to...

Thanks

Ride safe

To answer your questions:

Yes, it is just the colour that is different.

You do not need to buy the relay as the indicators came with relays included. This is where it gets tricky. Install the relays on the back indicators but don't put any on the front. When you install all 4 the hazard lights stop working after 20 flashes. When you install the 2 as instructed above they work fine (you will also have a normal flash rate). I have the same indicators on mine so am talking from experience :)

• Thumbsup 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 6:14 PM, open1mind said:

I thought you guys might like to see the finished product, so I tried to make some quick vids. After some coaching from other forum members, and only limited amounts of bloodshed and electrical arching, they are in!

Fully functional as brake lights, running lights, blinkers, and hazards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNXf4zHLIA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-SDRzzfew8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wNSm_-h7rE

These currently show as private, can you make them public? I'm currently trying to do this install and not sure I'm supposed to keep the rubber extenders or not attached for these.

To anyone doing this install, I'm planning to make a post highlighting my process. I ended up needing a flasher relay to make these work. I got the one from TST industries and was a plug and play fix for them staying solid.

Edited by OnePuddleUnder
Adding information

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I got the YME-H0789-00-20 set from my dealer and tried to mount them on the front.

As you can see in the pic, the threading is 2.5 cm long (sorry, I'm European, it's almost an inch, I think).

That is too long to fit between the side panel front and back sides, even with the fat spacer on the outside.

(What were they thinking with those annoying lock washers to hold the backside?!!!!)

Am I doing something wrong?

I see many places that apparently the same set is referred to with part number YME-H0789-00-10. Could it be that model has shorter threading?

I see a solution is to put an extra spacer on the outside, but I didn't have any that would fit.

20200921_201159.jpg

Edited by Headlong
added info

• 1 month later...

So I'm going the non-OEM LED route.  And I'll go ahead and get the relay because I think the ones I'm looking at don't have their own resistors (unless there's a better one for 2019 GT???).  However, does anyone know which wires are which on the 2019 Tracer GT.  I've been looking at youtube and it seems that the Front Left and Front Right might have different color wires.  I would think the rear would be more simple because of not having the running lights, but...

And does anyone actually know the gauge of the wire?  I'm going to have to extend some to do what I want.  So now we should have a more encompassing LED flasher thread...haha

On 2/29/2020 at 8:39 AM, MartyP said:

I put these on my bike and I am very happy with them.

AATS-500x500.jpg

Here are a couple of links to these lights:

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=38&product_id=150

s-l400.jpg

The internal 12oClockLabs Animated Turn Signal Processor...

Looks like they have a Yamaha 3 pin connector but have not verified that they fit the Tracer GT.  Certainly look interesting and are high on my list.  I recommend changing the flasher relay to one that is a fixed rate for LEDs.  I have a running/brake/sequential turn signal unit that I plan on mounting somewhere near my tag and am also exploring the thought of brake lights on the back of my sidecases.  Only mention that here as 12oclocklabs says to use a fixed rate flash if you have other devices.  

I would expect it to work, looked at the wiring diagram and seems the flasher relay is a two wire device.  My experience is flasher relays are pretty much the same for most bikes.  I would check the existing relay to verify it is a two wire (two connector) device - haha I'm too lazy to walk to my bike and look.

1 hour ago, Clem Fandango said:

I have the 12oclocklabs signals and they're great. I found that they didn't play nice with the adjustable TST relay though - flash rate was wildly inconsistent.  I went with a normal LED friendly relay from Amazon and all was well.

Can you post a link to the relay that you bought from Amazon please?