Givi SR2122 top box kit

• Premium Member
I ordered this direct from Italy and fitted it fairly easily, once you work out where all the bits go. As ever with Givi kit, never do the bolts tight until every last one is in place as you will need to jiggle them to get the proper alignment.

Here's a pdf scan of the instructions 

See on p4, the kit comes with some spacer to attach to the pillion footrest hangers. I didn't bother fitting these. I'm not sure why you need them other than to align the parts for aesthetic looks.

The bracketry is in 3 pieces. One horizontal stay attaches to the grabrail mounts and uses the factory bolts which are very long. They are done up very tightly, your pillions will be glad to hear. I had to give my allen key a whack with a hammer to release them.

The vertical stays only attach to the framt with one bolt - the kit includes a spacer for the front bolt. I managed to fit the kit by myself but an assistant would be handy to align the various bits. 

Here are some pictures:

2015-03-12%2012.10.47.jpg2015-03-12%2012.02.34.jpgstyle=max-width:100%
2015-03-12%2012.02.41.jpgstyle=max-width:100%
2015-03-12%2012.03.31.jpgstyle=max-width:100%
2015-03-12%2012.03.40.jpgstyle=max-width:100%
2015-03-12%2012.04.38.jpgstyle=max-width:100%
2015-03-12%2012.06.46.jpgstyle=max-width:100%
2015-03-12%2012.07.00.jpg

That's me sat on the pillion. I'm 5'8" and 14.5 stone in weight (68 inches, 1.73m, 203lbs, 92kg). It's not very roomy on there, especially with the back pad. I'm not insured to take a pillion which is a good excuse not to have to do so :)

Details of the vendor in Italy are here - recommended. Cheap and fairly quick delivery by UPS.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
The kit is for the bracketry as in the PDF. You will need to fit a base plate. I had an M5 from a previous bike. This is for any Monokey or Kappa box. You could use an M6 base for a Monolock box, depending on what you already own.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I see them - it looks really good. It makes me worry that I jumped the gun yesterday when I ordered the E251 universal adapter to go on the OEM rear rack for the GIvi V47. However, the package shipped this morning so...too late now! I'll find out next week when I try to put it all together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Hi Wessie, 
Would you be kind enough to take a picture of the whole bike with the top case on and off?  I have the rack and the same case but have yet to install it yet for fear of it degrading the aesthetics of the bike.  
Been on holiday - just seen this - I'll take some pictures at the weekend but as the kit takes about half an hour to fit, why not try it as you have the bits?  
I'm a function over form kind of person, using the bike to commute so a boot is desirable as it allows storage without affecting the ability to filter through traffic. 

• Premium Member
No loctite. Checked them a day or two after and all were fine along the side. One of the bolts at the rear of the saddle needed a tweak. All been fine since, some 5000 miles later.

Archived