{Tracer} Sargent seat update

• Premium Member

I emailed and called down there but didn't hear back last week.  I'll try again tomorrow.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I sent another email and he said he hadn’t heard anything from R&D but he sent them my email to hopefully light a fire. 

Crossing my fingers they have something soon. I don’t hate the OEM seat but I can tell I won’t be too thrilled after my five day weekend in Tellico Plains coming in less than two weeks. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 4/15/2019 at 7:49 PM, 3sum said:

I sent another email and he said he hadn’t heard anything from R&D but he sent them my email to hopefully light a fire. 

Crossing my fingers they have something soon. I don’t hate the OEM seat but I can tell I won’t be too thrilled after my five day weekend in Tellico Plains coming in less than two weeks. 

I also sent an inquiry via the contact us email... maybe seeing for interest will help with pushing the product a little faster... no reply yet.

The stock GT seat isn't terrible... but around mile 400+ it starts to get a little worn in... a 600 mile day might be squirmy... and 800 might hurt... The Sargent on a previous ST1300 was a good 800-1000 mile seat for me.

Edited by mellow
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Exactly right @mellow. I’ve been “ok” with the OEM seat thus far. I’ve done a couple 300 mile day on it and it hasn’t been too terribly bad. But, I have a long weekend beginning Thursday that I’ll be putting some miles on it for 4 straight days and I’m not anticipating it being real nice on day 3!

As far as Sargent goes, I have a salesman that I “know”. I’ve emailed and talked with him enough about this that he hopefully is putting the bug in R&D’s ears like he’s told me. I’ve reminded him 3 times so far that I’ll send him money the moment he tells me they are ready 

8 minutes ago, 3sum said:

Exactly right @mellow. I’ve been “ok” with the OEM seat thus far. I’ve done a couple 300 mile day on it and it hasn’t been too terribly bad. But, I have a long weekend beginning Thursday that I’ll be putting some miles on it for 4 straight days and I’m not anticipating it being real nice on day 3!

As far as Sargent goes, I have a salesman that I “know”. I’ve emailed and talked with him enough about this that he hopefully is putting the bug in R&D’s ears like he’s told me. I’ve reminded him 3 times so far that I’ll send him money the moment he tells me they are ready 

I did just over 400 on Fri, around 300 on Sat and over 400 Sun and it was ok... not hurting or bad at all really but then I sit on my Laam seat on my Super Ten and it just feels like going 1000 miles...

Got an email back from Sargent that said:

" We are currently working on a seat for the tracer 900gt.   We hope to have an option available in the next few months."

Hoping "few months" is an exaggeration.

I was even thinking of getting a stock seat for my Super Ten and using the seat foam on the laam seat to replace the oem one.. would probably work but just afraid of screwing that up...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Sadly, no. I’m getting tempted to go the Seth Laam route soon instead. 

I'm gonna give Corbin a shot...I'm in line with Terry for Sept if that doesn't work out.  Sargent needs to step up but they're too late for me.

I've only had one Corbin, a close seat for an sr1300 and I hated it but it was due to the "close" version so I thought I'd give them another shot.  The Sargent on my st1300 was great but sucked when I got one on the super tenere so it can vary by bike... hoping the Corbin will meet my comfort needs.

Edited by mellow

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I reached back out to my contact at Sargent and here is his reply. 

BDCE10D2-74A2-4FCC-86B3-AEBC3740466E.png

• Premium Member

I don’t like the wait either. How different could it be from the FJ??

At any rate I’m destined to wait. I’ve loved every Sargent so far and only tolerated  every Corbin. 

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RE:  2019+ Tracer 900 / 900 GT

Email from Dane at Sargent dated July 31,

"We should have the Tracer seat ready in the next 3 to 6 weeks from what I hear last.   This is barring any setbacks of course.   We were unfortunately not ready for the late July release we were hoping for."

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I was just coming here with the screenshot of the email reply I got from Dane saying the same thing. 

Anyone that will be getting a Sargent when they come out should ask for Dane. I don’t know if they work on commission or not for call in sales, but that’s what I’ll be doing.  He’s helped me out in the past with a custom seat for my Speed Triple when I did a drop-in at their facility and has been very responsive and honest when I’ve emailed him about the Tracer seat. 

He’s a good guy.