{Tracer} Sargent seat update

Thanks to DeltaHotel's post above, I emailed Sargent this morning, since I, too, was an early adapter.  And, this afternoon I received an email that my seats have shipped! 

• Premium Member

I spoke too soon. Mine says it shipped out today also with an arrival of tomorrow. I’m surprised they are shipping it next day for a Saturday delivery. I would be fine with it just showing up next week sometime. 

3 hours ago, 3sum said:

I spoke too soon. Mine says it shipped out today also with an arrival of tomorrow. I’m surprised they are shipping it next day for a Saturday delivery. I would be fine with it just showing up next week sometime. 

Guess Nebraska is further away than you... mine expected "end of day Wednesday".... or, you're special since getting it "next day"  :`)

Edited by R.C.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, R.C. said:

Guess Nebraska is further away than you... mine expected "end of day Wednesday".... or, you're special since getting it "next day"  :`)

Haha yeah. I’m in Atlanta metro and 6 hours away from them. 

• Premium Member

My replacement arrived about an hour ago and while I haven’t taken it for a ride yet, when I took it out of the box, it has a noticeable difference in the slope from the first one. 

First picture is the original. 

BFF58FFD-86AD-4CA4-9A24-1C49F092EB47.jpeg

D66BE211-4F3B-47E4-A410-A93A0ACB6916.jpeg

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, 3sum said:

My replacement arrived about an hour ago and while I haven’t taken it for a ride yet, when I took it out of the box, it has a noticeable difference in the slope from the first one. 

First picture is the original. 

BFF58FFD-86AD-4CA4-9A24-1C49F092EB47.jpeg

D66BE211-4F3B-47E4-A410-A93A0ACB6916.jpeg

It might be the camera angle but it looks like they improved the rear of the seat as well.  Looks nice!  👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I haven’t noticed until you mentioned that but it does appear a little different other than the blue piping not going all the way around like the original seat does. And I haven’t even taken the new rear seat out of the box yet. 

• Premium Member

Just got back from a short ride with the new seat. The mods done by Sargent make it perfect, for me at least. It created a pocket that you sit in. Even with my somewhat slick Roadcrafter, even hard braking resulted in very minimal sliding forward. 
Well done Sargent.

B39C2860-1695-411C-86D5-9C73BD1E240A.jpeg

9D29D719-8AB5-494D-BEA0-D0888698B43F.jpeg

7CED0BE6-1E7C-4FCE-BE89-A25128DB9CCF.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 11/11/2019 at 1:51 PM, rlambke19 said:

@3sum

Is your seat in the lower position?

If so, any chance you can post a picture of it in the upper position?

Cheers,

Rob 

Yes, it’s in the low slot. I’ll try to remember to do that tomorrow when I get home. 

I have loved my other sargent seats but this one I don't. I had a very early one done with the oem  pan. Sits nicely on the bike but they did not do a good job of the forward slope. I called them and they told me that since it was a "custom" job that I would have to send it back and pay another 90+ bucks to get it reshaped. I mentioned that people are saying that early adapters of the seat were getting them fixed for free but not on mine only the one they sell. So I ordered another just rider seat. I got both seats two days ago. The slope was better and the seats look nice but the fit in the tank was driving me crazy. I boxed the seats back up and will be sending them back this weekend. Like I said I loved my Sargent seats on my two other bikes but they just got this wrong. I also feel they should have reshaped my original seat they did for free IMHO

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
58 minutes ago, MartyP said:

I have loved my other sargent seats but this one I don't. I had a very early one done with the oem  pan. Sits nicely on the bike but they did not do a good job of the forward slope. I called them and they told me that since it was a "custom" job that I would have to send it back and pay another 90+ bucks to get it reshaped. I mentioned that people are saying that early adapters of the seat were getting them fixed for free but not on mine only the one they sell. So I ordered another just rider seat. I got both seats two days ago. The slope was better and the seats look nice but the fit in the tank was driving me crazy. I boxed the seats back up and will be sending them back this weekend. Like I said I loved my Sargent seats on my two other bikes but they just got this wrong. I also feel they should have reshaped my original seat they did for free IMHO

I'm really not understanding what is going on with Sargent getting the seat correct on the Tracer.  I assume (i know, silly me) they have a donor bike like any other seat builder so they can get the dimensions and angles correct.  Even this new revision that they did with the seat looks like they forgot to (or purposely decided not to) match the angle of the tank.

I have several riding buddies with Sargent seats and they all fit the bikes angles/shapes perfectly.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***